Prologue

EDITED: 1/12/22

I looked around the claustrophobic cavern, which wasn't illuminated by anything except for the shining of my Gem. My Gem detected several stalagmites nearby. I stared at the tiny structures that rose out of the ground. Unfortunately for me, they were in the middle of my walk path. It was a problem that needed to be fixed.

I walked over to the rocks and punched them. Pieces of them flew all around me. Some landed into my eyes and mouth. I spat out a few pieces of the stalagmite and cringed at the feeling I felt in my eyes. It was an odd feeling, the grey rocks penetrating your eyelid.

I suddenly noticed something out of the corner of my eye. It was a hole. There was a massive hole, coincidentally shaped like me. A red sky reflected itself into the claustrophobic cavern. It blinded me, despite the fact I was about 100 meters away, give or take. I used my black bangs to cover my eyes, but the only thing it did was prevent me from seeing anything.

I screamed as I tripped over another stalagmite I had missed. The ensuing crash deafened my ears. It was piercing, like a dagger. Without knowing it, I had turned my Gem off, so now I couldn't see any of the stalagmites. And my bottom. It hurt very hard.

I then slid down something. The force of the gravity dragged me to the ground, but I was thrown back up and I continued to slide until I reached the end of the cavern. I screamed as I landed onto the ground in a rough manner.

"Ugh..." I moaned, rubbing my head, "Where am I?"

The sound of hands hitting one another filled my ears with confusion.

"My Diamond! She's-she's just emerged!" I heard something say. I looked down to see little green figures running around desperately. There were also other colored figures, but in a lesser quantity compared to the green blobs sprinting.

I heard the approaching noise of footsteps. I looked to my left to see three figures. The smallest one was blue. She had a shiny blue gem located on her chest, and she had luscious light cerulean hair. She wore a dark blue robe and had diamond pupils.

The second tallest one was yellow. She had a yellow gem on her chest. Around it was a yellow chestpiece. Her head was accessorized by a yellow helmet. She had boots, but it was a hideous shade of yellow. She also had a strange waist-piece around her waist.

The tallest one was literally glowing. Her skin was white and she had spiky white hair. There was a gemstone, but this time it was on her forehead. She had a black cape, and it was glittering white. She had strapless white sandals and a white dress. Her lips were a deathly shade of black similar to her pupils.

"Hello, Quasar," said the tallest figure. What is a quasar and what does it have to do with me? "You'll certainly be a proper Diamond. Brim and strong, gorgeous and quiet," she cooed.

"Please stop. You are making me uncomfortable," I mutter.

She frowned, "That attitude. Just like Pink," I hear her mumble. Does she really want to compare me to someone else? She brushes her eyelashes.

"And how is that like Pink?" questioned the yellow one.

The blue one began to tear up. Blue tears streamed down her cerulean face.

"Look, White, we don't want to be reminded of Pink," said the yellow one.

"Oh, I know that, Sunlight," She turned around to face away from me, but looked at me with an unnerving gaze, "But this one. She has attitude,"

"Please stop. At this rate you're gonna shatter yourself," muttered Sunlight. I assumed her name was Sunlight, anyways.

"So..? What am I? Why was I made? And who are you three?" I asked, taking a peek at the white one's clothes. It was a bit revealing if I do say so myself.

"Quasar, your real name is Black Diamond. You are supposed to lead inferior gems and your own court while colonizing other planets," She explained, "and for starters, just call her," She pointed at the blue one, who was still crying, "Blue Diamond. I am White Diamond, and the other one is Yellow Diamond,"

"Just call me Yellow. I really don't care what you call me unless your incompetent," I noticed her eyes narrow in suspicion.

"Alright! How do I escape this place?" I cheered.

"Follow me," White Diamond said, walking away and gesturing for me to follow.

"Alright!" I strut over to White.

---

"That took a while... my feet are aching," I complained.

"That's because your form is still relatively weak. I'll explain everything once we get to Homeworld," She winked, "It'll get stronger in about a decade or so,"

"So... how do we enter your ship?" I asked, gasping when a white orb appeared and formed around us.

"This is how we enter?" I ask, awkwardly looking for details, but was displeased when I didn't see anything.

"Oh, yes. Your ship will do the same," She answers.

"Ooh! I can't wait to have my own ship!" White sighs.

----

A/N: First chapter successfully edited! I actually believe I got more words in than the original chapter. I am very proud of myself for finally mustering up the motivation and editing this!

These older chapters are of lower-quality, and I have been reading books that give writing tips. That is how I realized Black Diamond is both a Karen, and a Mary Sue.

Anyways, this author note is giving me 100 more words than the actual chapter itself!

Have a great day/night,

Aqua