The Accidental Diamond | Arc 3 | Part 1

-???-

It was upon me that this world was made of nothing but darkness. Darkness is supposed to be hidden, only when there's no light does the darkness reveal itself. There are two sides, Light and Darkness. One is supposed to stay hidden until there's no light to feed upon. The other is supposed to stay in view until there's no darkness to feed upon. The parallels contrast, but none seem to care. Light needs darkness to stay sane, and darkness needs light to stay sane. Therefore, it has fallen upon me, Grey Diamond, to bridge the gap between light and darkness. Black holes need white holes, as do white holes need black holes. Entire galaxies need stars, and stars need galaxies.

But for now, everything has been consumed by darkness. For eternity, I could simply stare at the darkness, restricted to my own thoughts. But alas, not everything is forever, as I saw a figment of light in the distance. I could feel light coming closer. I could feel myself bridging the gap between light and darkness. Alas, just as white holes need black holes, white diamonds need black diamonds.

Black diamonds and white diamonds both need a gray diamond to bridge the gap between the light of white and the darkness of black. For if the universe falls into a slumber, gray will bridge the gap between the dead stars and the emptiness of space. But alas, I found myself tumbling into a surface of gray, dirty rock and felt my body getting bruised from the sudden plummet. The canyon I was in was decorated intricately enough with tiny holes around. A large hole farther above other holes, presumably mine, was flanking my form.

The canyon was filled with dull grey walls and holes of various shapes and sizes. Looking up, you could barely see anything. I have no possible knowledge of this area, but it's making me wonder if I'm the only one of my entire race. But that thought was silly, an immature thought countered by the sheer amount of holes around me. On my left flank was a massive cliff from which even more holes were created from which if one fell they would be severely injured.

On my right flank was a large pillar of stone that even had holes of various shapes and sizes in it. Using my sudden knowledge of the Gem race, I was able to discern every hole thanks to it's shape. That tiny one over there belongs to an Aquamarine, blue scouting gems created to take rebels to Homeworld and oversee the trial they are given. A larger one to my right belonged to a jasper, orange quartz brutes who were more offensive than even the Amethysts, purple quartzes that also served as soldiers like the Jaspers.

I suddenly fully came into my senses and realized that I could move around via my gravity connectors, which were specially designed to take me anywhere necessary. Gemkind as a whole is technologically advanced, with a very complicated caste system and very modern technology, as well as being a space faring race. Our gravity connectors are therefore designed to adjust to the gravity of any planetoid.

I finally began using my gravity connectors as they began to create a soft sound amongst the rather soft dirt of the place that I was created in. Moving over the edge of the cliff, I adjusted the speed of my descent and landed on the ground withouta problem. What I had found astounded me. Various ships were parked everywhere, with tiny figures pacing around, clearly panicked. "Ah! What do we do?! She's already emerged- we can't go back now!" One gem muttered, panicked.

According to what the gem had said, I assumed I was created due to an accident, so therefore, I was an accident. The gems near the ships seemed very panicked, so I shapeshifted into a regular Gray Quartz. The top I had shifted on hid the diamond which was on the left side of my chest. Now, I looked like a quartz, which was normal amongst the Gempire. I would have to get through security before I'd be assigned a ship. And it looked like I'd have to wait awhile, with over 400 gems in the queue I was in. The queue next to mine had over 650 gems, and the one beside it had 1,500 gems.

Finally, after about 5 days, I was the next in the queue. "Registration?" The Amazonite working at the security booth asked. "Gray Quartz 2RD, here to report for Black Diamond after being just created not too far from here," I lied. "Alright. Here is your ship number. Head over to the designated ship." She said, handing me a piece of paper.

"Thank you," I thanked, heading over to the designated ship right in front of mine. I was pretty pleased that the Amazonite didn't get suspicious, but I guess thats what happens when your an excellent lier. Setting a random destination, I put my ship on hyper speed and left the atmosphere of the planet within mere seconds. I chuckled. "So gullible. So stupid. I knew they would never accept an accidental Diamond, so of course I'd shifted into that Quartz and form. Of course, I could've been a Sapphire, a Spinel, or anything else.

Suddenly, the last thing I saw was a massive pair of badly painted black legs, pink splotches all over it. We then crashed, a loud explosion being the last thing I heard before blacking out.

---

A/N

Well what do you know? I'm on a triple part publish today! I'm already introducing a new Diamond to the book. The new Diamonds name has been hinted at once, try and figure out where it is. Anyways, I'm not planning on them and Black Diamond meeting anytime soon, so relax,