The Pink Gem

"Y-yes, my Diamond?" Pearl looked up from the silver chair she sat in. "I would like for you to do some research with me. Here, come on up." I said, gesturing to a large pillow beside me. "Yes, my Diamond." She said confidently, standing up and moving to my shoulder-level on the pillow. "So, my Diamond, what would you like to research about?" Black Pearl asked.

"Well, apparently there was another Diamond. I saw her in a dream of mine. It's as if we were.. connected." I explained. She looked up at my face curiously. "What did she look like?" Black Pearl asked. "Well, she had light pink..." I began. "And there was a pink gem on her naval." I finished. "Hm..." Black Pearl searched it up. Various articles came up.

I clicked on one of them, and expanded it so I could see it.

Pink Diamond: Shattered Diamond

Pink Diamond was the youngest out of all the Diamonds when she met her untimely fate. A Rose Quartz, leader of the Crystal Gems, and Pink's very own Pearl managed to shatter her. Pink was only 9,329 years old when she was shattered. Ever since the very moment the blade went through Pink's gem, her court has been divided into Yellow's and Blues courts.

Weaker soldiers were placed in Blue Diamonds court. They were going to be shattered, but the selfless blue monarch insisted on keeping them in hopes of saving Pink's legacy. Yellow Diamond took in her high-ranking and powerful gems, including Jasper.

Pink was a very benevolent gem by nature, almost too kind for her own good. She was the lowest ranked out of all the Diamonds, as well. Here's some background before she was shattered.

Hundreds and thousands of years before Pink got Earth, she had been begging for a colony of her own. She wanted to make the others proud. Because of this, her first Pearl, who now belongs to White Diamond, was damaged on her right eye. A large crack had formed on her face since she went to White, knowing that Blue and Yellow would never be convinced. White wasn't convinced either.

-After the article-

"Okay. So know we know who Pink used to be. We just need to actually know more about her. I know Yellow and Blue refuse to talk about it. Especially Blue, since it's a sensitive topic for her. So, let's go on a mission of discovery." I said, determined. "Pearl, let's get onto the ship."

---

We boarded my legs, that were sloppily painted black. There were plenty of large pink spots on the legs, which infuriated me to an extent. "My Diamond?" Pearl began. "What, Pearl?" I asked. "I could drive the legs for you." She offered. "Please do so. I don't want to do this for long." She summoned a holo-screen and began driving the ship.

"Should we go to Earth immediately?" Pearl asked. "Let's just head over to the Earths moon, maybe take a look at some nearby colonies." Pearl set a course for the planet that would assist in helping me discover more about Pink. "We can also visit Pink's former Human Zoo, as well. It's in between the colonies of Saturn and Jupiter, which are on our route. Pink also had a garden, which isn't too far away." Pearl said.

"Let's head to the garden first." I said. Pearl changed the course to the garden, and we sped off.

◇Spinel's POV◇

Is Pink ever coming back? It's been... 2,768 years since I last saw her. I've managed to count to 827,917,345 and mentally played games 6,000,430 times. How long is she taking to set her colony up?

Happily waiting
All on my own~
Under the endless sky

Wait a minute... was that my mind, singing? I looked around at the overgrown plants. The pillars were nearly destroyed. There was nothing left of the garden that I loved. That I enjoyed. "I-is she coming back?" I said out loud. I fell to the ground, cracks forming on the weak cobblestone. My pigtails were slowly messing up, and my eyes were red.

Suddenly, I heard a ship. A... a ship? I looked up in excitement. It was Pinks legs! But... why are they black? A black pod appeared out of it, and two Black gems exited it. I hid behind the fountain, afriad they would find me. Who are they?

"I wonder... shattered Pink?" I heard bits and pieces of their conversation, but managed to piece together one sentence. 'I wonder who shattered Pink'. Pink was shattered! That's why she never came back! That's why it took so long! "My Diamond, it seems we aren't alone."

---Black Diamonds POV---

"Huh? How do you know we aren't alone?" I had shapeshifted to be smaller. I turned around to the other side of the fountain and saw a pink gem. She had messy pink heart pigtails, a white and baby pink tunic, white socks, and pink boots. She had a pink heart-shaped gem on her chest. "Who are you?" I asked the pink gem, who flinched.

"M-me?" The pink gem asked. She was on the verge of tears. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked, revealing a more benevolent side of myself. "N-no... she... Pinkie abandoned me." She cried. "Whos Pinkie?" I questioned. "P-Pink Diamond." She sobbed.

"So, you were one of hers?" I questioned. "Y-yeah, but she sorta... abandoned me... in this... garden." She sniffled in between words and sobs. "Oh no... that must be horrible!" I comment, horrified. "Y-yeah..." She replies. "Want to be one of my personal gems?" I ask. The pink gem perked up. "Oh, and by the way, what gem are you?"

"O-oh... I'm Spinel. And yes, I would love to be one of your gems." She says enthusiastically. "Alright then! We're heading to Pinks human zoo." I say. She flinches hearing it, but manages to hold herself together. She quickly stood up with the help of my hand, and she followed us into my ship.

"T-thank you." She said.