09!

link: spoti.fi/3yOsWAu
WANT YOU SO BAD | THE VACCINES
BIG LOVE | FLEETWOOD MAC
LA LA LOVE YOU | PIXIES
SOME | STEVE LACY

She was drunk.

Friday nights in the midst of October are celebrated with three specific things: football games, after parties, and liquor. Lots of it. She typically kept her composure and wits about her during these parties, but something about that night gave her the green light to drink, and drink, and drink until she couldn't remember how many she actually had. Alice was fine, a little buzzed, nothing much, but she was drink. So so drunk. Drunk to the point of dancing on top of the couch in the living room to whatever song was playing.

Yeah, she was that drunk.

But her energy was the kind everyone fed off of, whether she liked it or not, her peers looked to her as a leader almost, despite her docile and ditzy nature, and especially on nights like tonight. Alice was making sure she didn't completely die, she didn't realize it, but when it started to get too late, Alice was dragging her off the couch and out of the house. She told Alice to make her go home so she could wake up in her own bed, no matter how she got there, she wanted to wake up at home, so Alice was staying true to her promise.

No matter how disobedient she was being.

"Josie, get back over here!" Alice snapped once they were out of the house and walking towards her car, though she had another idea in mind as she started down the sidewalk. "Jo—"

"C'monnnn, Allie, le's go for a lil' walk—"

"No, Josie—Josephine!" Alice whines, clearly over drunk Josephine, though she didn't care as she waltzed away from her car and down the sidewalk. With speedy steps, Alice is quick to stop her with a grip on her arm, pulling her back and towards the car, though it only sends her stumbling towards the rough pavement. Alice doesn't let her skin scratch, holding her up on her own two feet as Josephine drunkenly giggled with her body as loose as melting jello. "C'mon, drunky, we're going home." Alice tells her, pulling her towards her car before fishing out the keys from her purse that was now Alice's property.

"Home?" She repeats, as if she didn't know what that meant, though Alice doesn't answer and it only sends her slurring more words as they fall from her lips, "'s so early, Allie, don't wanna go home—"

"Well, we're going home and that's final." Alice tells her sternly, causing her to pout while ripping her arm from Alice's grasp to cross it over her chest. This level of drunkenness had never been reached before, there was no reason for her to drink so much, but it all hit her at once, and now she was plastered and refusing to get in the car with Alice. "Don't make me get Johnny here, you remember the last time he head to deal with you drunk? He nearly snitched to your Dad—"

"He'd never," She smirks, remembering what she had to hold over his head if he ever wanted to be a snitch. "not unless he wan's to live at home still." She giggles devilishly to herself, causing Alice to sigh while she thinks about what could make Josephine get into the car willingly without a full on cat fight.

"Josephine, it's almost two in the morning, can we please just go home?" Alice asks with a whine, almost begging Josephine, who swayed with every small gust of wind that blew past them. But then an idea dawned upon Alice, causing her lips to curl up into a smirk, and as Josephine smiles to herself drunkenly, she speaks. "If you don't get in the car in the next five seconds, I'm gonna tell Harry about freshman year homecoming." As the words leave Alice's lips, Josephine's smile falls into a frown and her eyes widen with terror.

"You wouldn't—"

"Totally would." Alice nods, "Get in the damn car, Josie."

"You're so frickin' lame, ugh!" She scoffs, shaking her head while stumbling towards the car and climbing into the backseat instead of the front, though it didn't even matter. As long as she's in the car, Alice thinks to herself and closes the door as soon as all of Josephine's limbs were out of the way.