23!

link: spoti.fi/2ZjQQqF
FLOWERS AT THE DOOR | RYAN BEATTY
SWEET THANG | SHUGGIE OTIS
OH HONEY | DELEGATION
TRIPPING OUT | CURTIS MAYFIELD

"That's the third one this week."

It was true, in the matter of seven days, she had received three bouquet of flowers, varying in kind and shape and color, but flowers all the same. She remembers the time she claimed that he wasn't a flower kind of guy to her friends, but she looks back on that with her room looking like a botanical garden and laughs. The flowers were a constant, she wondered when her room would go back to smelling like her perfume instead of the fresh daisies or daunting roses, but what she cherished most was the cards that came with them.

They always contained more than ten words, but less than twenty, the next sappier than the last, and for not being a huge talker when it came to his emotions, he sure did know how to write sweet sentiments. Confessions, admissions, and declarations were scribbled down on the cards, all signed off with 'love you more than life, h' and sometimes she felt like it was an imposter sending her the flowers—only until he would call, nervously asking if she liked them. It was a drastic turn of events, going from a week of absence to a week of excess, but she couldn't lie, she was loving it—she was loving him.

"I don't think he understands how long flowers last." She can't help but giggle, setting the vase down with a set of pink, blushing cheeks and a smile that hasn't left her face in days. All thanks to him and his excessive flower deliveries.

"I mean . . . apparently not." Alice gently laughs with her, motioning to the excess of flowers in her bedroom while she takes the thin card from the cardholder, "What's this one say?"

"Loving you smells like your perfume, tastes like your chapstick, and fills me with warmth like your skin against mine," She reads off, almost feeling pain course through her while sharing the sweetness with her best friend, but she reads along anyways with a sheepish smile, ". . . and the signature—love you more than life, H."

"I've never heard him sound so . . . soft—hey, you sure he's the one sending you all these?" As expected, her telephone begins to obnoxiously ring as soon as Alice's question leaves her lips, causing them both to laugh while she walks towards the phone to answer it. "I'm gonna go get some thing to eat, you might wanna inform him on how long flowers last. You'll attract bees soon." Alice tells her while exiting the room, leaving her to talk to Harry. She sits on the edge of her bed, feeling her feet come off of the floor, and as soon as she grabs the handle of the phone, she presses it to her ear and fumbles with the cord within her fingers.

"Did you get them, kitten?" Is what he asks every time her doorbell rings from the delivery man, ready to pass off another lovely bouquet.

"You're like clockwork." She replies, hearing him gently chuckle before she continues, "You know, if you keep this up, I won't have enough room to keep them all—and Alice says they'll attract bees." She tells him with a shy smirk on her lips and a faint laugh, feeling like she just met him yesterday from the newfound freshness of their relationship. But maybe she did just meet him, because this was entirely new Harry that she's never gotten a taste of before.

She can't seem to get enough of him.

"Well, what else am I supposed to do, J?" He asks so helplessly, she almost frowns, "What do I do when I wanna spoil you, but can't get my hands on you to do so?"

"Wait." She whispers through her forever growing smile, "You wait."

"That blows, kitten, I don't like doing that."