Dream

Looking up at the clear blue sky, the four teenagers were peacefully hanging out together, whilst most of them were seated on the wooden bench. It was a quiet afternoon, with just the right amount of sunlight shining from above that it doesn't make anyone's eyes adjust from its bright rays. The rustling sound of leaves from the trees were also heard, dancing slightly as the wind softly blew on its direction.

Curving a huge grin, one of the kids spoke up, as he glanced at a certain person.

"Say Amato, what's your dream in the future?" A boy with a baby blue-colored cap asked the lad mentioned.

"To be able to fly across the galaxy!" Amato replied, letting out a light chuckle while the others stare at him in awe. "How about you, Pian?" He asked his friend.

"I want to own a car someday!" Pian responded, a hint of eagerness can be heard from his enthusiastic voice.

"While I want to become a pilot!" Their other friend named Deep, added, making the boys look at him in amazement.

"What about you, Mara? What's the dream you have in mind?" Amato questioned their other female friend who's riding a wheelchair because of her disability.

The said girl smiled softly from his question. "To be able to walk again." She gently stated as her longing eyes stared directly towards the horizon, causing the boys to become silent as they looked at her in pity.

"I know my dream is kind of simple and dull for some, but it's not just any dream, but a meaningful, yearning wish I've been waiting to seize one day. Even if it takes me years to finally achieve that desire, but if it were to happen, that would be the most joyful and memorable experience of my life." She added, with her eyes smiling, and her sad smile curved wider.

"You see, some people have different disabilities like me, but that doesn't mean we can't do anything to achieve something good in our lives, nor this doesn't stop us to do anything that we want. We also have this hunger inside, of hoping to become normal again so we can finally get to do some things that requires any physical work. For me, despite in this current state, I can still find my own strengths at this condition, because I know that this doesn't define who I am."

The boys paused for a moment, feeling speechless with everything their friend just said. As they exchanged glances, they all looked at Mara, and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Looking at you right now, I feel like you can achieve anything despite your disability!" Pian cheerfully stated.

"Agreed, not to mention, you're showing everyone that you're strong enough to face any difficulties in life." Deep nodded.

"Also, whatever happens, we will be your legs starting from now on!" Amato affirmed, grinning.

"Wait, shouldn't it be feet?" Deep precariously said, as he scratched the back of his head.

"I think it's knees..." Pian thought.

"I'm positive it's legs!"

"No! It's feet!"

"Maybe it's knees!"

As the male teenagers argued, Mara could only laugh at the boys' humorous debates, as she felt this uplifting feeling when her friends mentioned those motivating words for her. She couldn't help but to feel lucky enough to be friends with someone who doesn't belittle her, in a way that can make her feel discouraged. Even at her current situation, she still feels happy and contented, especially when her friends are and will always be there for her, to be her 'legs' as they stated.

Chuckling softly, Mara once again looked up at the clean blue sky, with now a warm and genuine smile plastered on her face.

"But my real dream, is for all of us to stay friends, until the end."