Nightmare

"Aww... Air..." The fire element pouted while shaking his water elemental twin brother, desperate for him to get his attention. "I'm sorry...! Please forgive me!" He said, as he continued shaking Air repeatedly.

What exactly happened is that, Api yet again, thought of another stupid plan of pranking his twin brother again for who knows how many times already. His plan for pranking: Surrounding Air with blazing, hot flames, in which it was Air's most dreadful phobia he has. But then, Api indeed, went too far from his idiotic pranks while Air is already tired of dealing with his immature behaviour.

Air, who's getting annoyed and sick with Api's childish actions, snapped at him.

"CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE?!" He exclaimed. "EVERYDAY, YOU KEEP ON PRANKING ME AND I'M ALREADY TIRED WITH YOUR FOOLISH, DUMB-MINDED ATTITUDE! SO, GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Frustrated, Air pushed his twin brother away from him harshly and walked away in a fast pace. He plugged his earphones in, trying to calm himself by listening to some music. Api on the other hand, could only watch his twin brother from the distance with a hurt look plastered on his face.

<~> <~> <~>

'Why do I have a twin brother like Api? He's nothing but a pain in the butt...' Air thought as he continued walking.

'Why can't I have a mature twin brother for once? I hate having a twin brother who's so insensitive, so senseless and so reckless...'

'I want a twin brother who's considerate, discreet, and sensitive...'

'Why can't I have a twin brother like that...?'

'Just why...?'

The water elemental then gritted his teeth tightly, his hands clenched into fists.

'I hope you're gone so no one could bother me anymore...'

Too much thinking of his own thoughts, he hadn't realized he was already crossing a road and a car was approaching fast towards his direction. No time to react, he only frozed on the ground, too shock to move and waited as the car was about to hit him.

But the only thing he felt was someone pushing him off to the other side of the road and he got stumbled down on the ground.

Immediately, Air got up from the ground and quickly approached the person who'd pushed him off the road. When he finally saw who it was, his eyes widened in shock and gasped as he dropped his knees on the ground. Tears started streaming down his face as he stared at the person who was lying down unconsciously on the ground with blood oozing out from his head.

It was his twin brother, Api.

"API!" Air cried as he took Api around his arms, hugging him tightly while sobbing.

Air was too speechless to even speak. He was already panicking on what he would do now as he couldn't even think straightly. He then tried calming himself down and carefully took Api's hand as he searched for a pulse.

But unfortunately for him, he found none.

His chest tightened, he felt like his whole world just crumbled apart. He hugged his twin brother tightly, crying uncontrollably. In a hoarse but soft tone, he gently said,

"... I'm sorry, Api..."

~~~

Shocked, his eyes opened widely up as he woke up, immediately sitting up from his bed with few drops of sweat trickling down his forehead. He wiped them off using the sleeve of his blue jacket while panting heavily. When he finally calmed himself, he sighed in relief.

'It's just a dream...' He thought as he curved a small smile on his lips.

Air's head then turned to the direction of his fire elemental brother's bed where he thought Api was sleeping. His smile then slowly faded. His sky-blue eyes widened as if he couldn't believe what he is seeing right now and quietly gasped, covering his mouth by both of his hands afterwards.

His brother's red cap was neatly placed on top of the bed, unharmed.

The water element started sobbing softly as he realized...

It wasn't a dream at all...

For him, it was a nightmare...

A nightmare that's happened to be real...

A nightmare that'll truly haunt him forever...

That his beloved twin brother is really, gone.