Time Travel

(This is inspired from the animated film, "Lightyear".)

===========================

It was just another busy day. Attending variety of missions, hanging out with my friends, getting either praised or scolded by the commander, and the cycle repeats. We're here in our spaceship, ready to go home and meet our family on our home planet, Earth.

That's when things got out of control.

Our spaceship suddenly malfunctioned, with red lights flashing and an emergency alarm reverberating in this spaceship cockpit.

What's more unfortunate is that, our spaceship is located right next to the sun where we're just about to pass by, so we're currently stuck and getting burned into crisps already while internally panicking how to get out of this blistering situation.

We checked the hologram of our spaceship as to why it suddenly broke down, and there we noticed one of our engines melted because of the scorching heat from the sun.

After seeing the problem, both Gopal and Captain Papa Zola became agitated and ran in circles around the spaceship in panic, whilst some of us only sweatdropped and facepalmed from their unhelpful actions.

But we have a solution, and it's to boost our way out of this mess. We only use our boost button for emergency purposes, like, right now. So, all of us agreed to use it and prepared ourselves for a super sonic ride.

But here's a twist where none of us ever realize. The speed at which we move in outer space, affects how time passes.

Me and my friends luckily got out of the situation and we're currently headed towards Earth. Oh, I can't wait to meet Tok Aba!

We'd arrived safely in our home planet shortly after, with excited smiles and expectations of smelling one of Tok Aba's cocoas he make once again which relaxes us from the inside after a long day of travelling.

We walked towards to Tok Aba's Kokotiam. Only to see, a gloomy, abandoned cafe, with no owner taking care of it.

We saw a familiar figure who was seated calmly on a stool, with a rather melancholy expression.

"Excuse me, Uncle Kumar," I approached the said person. "Have you seen Tok Aba?" I asked as I scanned the area, looking for the latter.

I heard his breath hitched when I mentioned my granddad, and he faced me hesitantly. I then became nervous for what he's about to say.

"It's been 10 years since you all left, Boboiboy..." He looked at me, with tears started forming in his eyes.

"He departed from this world at the 5th year you were away."

======================

Basically, in relation to someone in a different area of space-time, time can appear to flow faster or slower to us depending on our position and speed.

This is what "I" understand from the film I mentioned earlier. So, feel free to correct me if you'd already watched the movie. XD

[Btw, a little SPOILERS ahead for the film, so, your choice if you want to scroll or not.]

The faster we travel from outer space, time also speeds up. Imagine going on a hyper-speed in space for just about 4 minutes. When you're inside the spaceship, you could really feel like only 1 or 2 minutes just passed. But when time in Earth, it will take you at least years before you finish that 4 minute mark. That's because time moves differently when in outer space, and it also depends how slow or fast time moves.