-1-

★𑁍★

★𑁍★

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭.

I thought, my arms wrap around stitch tighter. The bag on my back feeling oh so heavier, like I'll fall back, it taking me with it to the ground. My legs felt wobbly just like my stomach as it turns, the unsettling feeling coming back, although I'm not sure it's left since I've been told I was coming here.

A tug on my collar gets my attention as it being the main reason for the tug. The claw on the chain connecting with my collar is the first thing I focus on, the second would be looking at my mother who's glaring at me tugging on the chain again, my head and upper body moving with it when it almost takes me off balance.

"𝑷𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒃𝒆𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅." Mother hissed at me quietly, the footsteps coming closer to the door being the cause of quietness.

With a twist of the doorknob my mother's expression changed from furious to neutral in half a second, just before the door opened.

Standing tall in the entrance is a man who has long raven hair that ends in the middle of his back. His eyes looked really shiny, it's really pretty.

I took in his expressions, it looking unfamiliar at first as the older saw the two, but it quickly changed into one I could recognize when he actually took in the scene in front of him, it changed to anger, disgust, and disbelief.

I have no idea why though, shouldn't this be normal?

The man faced my mother, his expression matching her neutral one. "Are you the Reid's?" he asked, eyes shifting to me every few seconds.

I'm sure my mother wanted to roll her eyes, scowl, and shout at the man for asking an obvious question, but to my surprise she's staring at the man. Father wouldn't like that.

Lowering my head down to gaze at the cement stairs, I got the chain to rattle snapping her out of her trance. I don't dare look at her, I can feel her hateful glare scan my body, waiting for any kind of mistake.

A cleared throat above us caught her attention, and like a switch her expression changed yet again back to neutral. "Yes, we are. I assume you're Hope? Angel will be on his best behaviour, won't you?" Her tone was sweetly, although anyone could tell it was anything but.

The claw on my chain tightened before it rattled when she held her hand out in front of the man, waiting for him to take it, 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞.

I felt like I was going to faint with the rapid spike in fear, the same unsettling feeling only worsened.

𝙸, 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚐𝚘 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎. . .

Hope's home for boy'sOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara