•Authors Note•

★𑁍★

So, as much as I love reading comments, thank you for commenting by the way, it's lovely to see your thoughts and feelings about this book, but I thought I should clear things up. Starting with my writing.

First of all, I write with little to no thoughts about sexual or intimate things when I write unless I'm specifically writing about sexual or intimate things. Meaning, when there are words such as desire or love, it's purely PLATONIC. As there is no such thing as love at first sight, you can argue but no one can truly fall in love with someone unless they know who they're loving. Thus meaning that my characters would feel attraction or feelings about love only after they get to know my main character.

Secondly, I write with realism in mind, what better way to not make a Mary Sue, the perfect person who's life will always be perfect, than to make a character with trauma be actually traumatized believing that it's all he'll ever know. If the character is traumatized, people need to see that, just like any person with trauma, they wouldn't get over it so fast. Just a reminder, I do research about everything I can to make it more realistic so it's more likeable, and if I get something wrong, please do tell me in the comments and I'll do my best to make sure I've got it all right.

Lastly, when I write things, they're for a reason. You might not understand it at first but I promise you, everything I do, is for a reason. If you have questions, great, I love to hear it, but please do consider the fact that if I put something in the book, something you don't understand, there's a reason behind it. Just like the way I portrayed Emerson, which I will get into a little more later on. Point is, there will always be a reason behind the way I do things the way that I do.

Now, onto the characters. You must be wondering why I'm talking about the characters? Well, it's come to my attention that people might think that since the main character is a young boy with little to no knowledge of the world, might get taken advantage of, I assure you that this is not the kind of thing that will be happening in this book. Not the sexual kind anyways. And I mean that the boys will NOT be taking advantage of him, ever.

Emerson, the oldest of the bunch. The wisest too. He has a past much like the boys he's given shelter too, no doubt about that. But he's not a pedophile for holding and taking care of Angel the way that he does, such as Angel sitting on his lap most of the time. Caregivers, gender or not, can and will take care of their young ones with the best interest in mind. Just like a teacher of children can be man, person, or woman, and still not be a pedophile. He has no interest in having relations with a boy who has no idea what he's doing unless it was something the said person would want. Even then, he would never have a relationship with someone who was underage and unknowing.

Dean, being the second oldest, who also had his own fair share of things, would know better than to pursue a relationship between him and a young boy until that person was of age and wanting of that relationship. He's also, Asexual, so he has no interest in having sex with anyone despite being in a loving relationship with others, and they respect that. Point is, he's also not a pedophile for adoring an adorable person for being who they are, learning about the world.

Rider, being the third oldest and having an interest in teaching, would never imagine doing things to children as he loves to help them grow and nurture them instead like a loving parent would do to their child or pet. He may not be asexual but he does know the difference between liking to help children, and wanting to do things to children, which makes him shudder at the thought. Makes him sick to his stomach. So he too, knows the bounds of human decency.

Lachlan and Basil, both being the same age, Lachlan a few months older. Both know the very different ways of life to one another as Lachlan has anger issues despite being so kind to Angel and the others. He's gone through his own stuff and had thought that anger was the way to go. Basil on the other hand had a relatively good life, only having some bullies taunting him. Very different, yet they both know the difference between fixation and adoration. Sure both words could be used positively and negatively in different perspectives, but it's really just an example. They know it's wrong to push the bounds of ones self and they don't. Not on purpose. Like, Lachlan will say something hurtful knowing full well that it makes them sad or uncomfortable, but completely on accident, anger getting the best of him.