-5-

★𑁍★

★𑁍★

I'm sat on Emerson's lap in his office. His hand rests on my waist. "Angel, I know I should wait a few days till you're settled but I think it'll be better if we talk about this now."

I nod, I understand. I'm understanding a lot these two days.

"Now Angel, do you know what a therapist is?"

I was about to shake my head but I stop. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐭? It helps right?

Emerson gives me his hand and I write, 🄷-🄴-🄻-🄿? He nods smiling. "That's right! They help people. But more so if you let them help you because it's your choice if you want to talk to them." He stops letting me take in the information, I nod slowly.

"I brought this up because I think it would be best for you to see one, so they can help you, help you understand that what your mother did to you was wrong."

𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒚?

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨?

"You deserve this brat!" She hits me. Nails scratching my face leaving broken skin.

I deserve this.

ɪ ᴅᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇ ᴛʜɪs.

𝑰 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔.

𝘚𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨

𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐.

𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠.

ɴᴏᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ!

I shake my head crossing my arms. I don't stop shaking my head till Emerson grabs my face gently, hand behind the mask. I freeze.

"It's okay Angel." His thumb rubs my cheek and I feel a little bit better, lighter, "What's not okay, is that your mother is making you think hurting you is normal, but it's not. The way she treated you wasn't normal, not the way you should be treated."