Chapter 28- pain

「 Camila 」

1 month later:

Walking in Harry's condo, I pray silently that he's sober since it's early.

I close the door behind me and walk in the kitchen. Sighing quietly when I see the scene.

Harry drinking and a mess on the island.

"I'm fine" his voice rasps out as I walk closer and I set the bag of Panera breakfast. I sit on the chair besides him.

"It's okay that you're not fine, Harry" I try to meet his gaze, but he just takes a big sip of whatever he's drinking.

It looks strong.

"Go home" he mutters before refilling the glass and I shake my head.

"I bought breakfast-"

"I don't need you to fucking baby me" he retorts and I frown.

He's never been acting like this. He let me comfort him.

I'll just let him be. He needs to heal.

"There's a lot. Since I didn't know what you wanted. You didn't answer my text" I take the food out while talking. Ignoring his comment and he rolls his eyes.

"Camila just leave" he drinks again and I bite my lip hard.

He's just hurting.

I'm hurting too. Hans was my friend. But I know Harry and them were so close.

I couldn't imagine losing Steph.

"Please don't do this Harry. Don't push someone who cares away" I shake my head. He huffs and drinks.

I haven't made a comment about the drinking, since it's his choice. But I can't keep watching him drowning. It's heartbreaking.

I stand up and look at him.

"You have to get yourself together Harry. I know this is hard. But there's no use to grief all your life, he wouldn't want that" I say softly and he slams the glass down the island making it break into big and small pieces. I flinch. The liquid all over the island now, he takes his hands through his hair frustrated.

"This is not the end. There's another things that can give your life meaning" my eyes gloss.

I just want to help him. Even if it's not my place.

I had no one when my parents died. I had no one to tell me it was going to be fine.

But he has to realize people are here for him.

"Like what? Like you?" He retorts and I frown. There settles a silence between us. Not a uncomfortable one. Not a awkward one. Just a painful one. A painful silence.

"This is the part where you leave" he says calmly before taking the bottle of what he was drinking and taking a swing of it.

"Harry you-" I start softly and he groans, standing up.

"Shut up Camila. I don't need you. I never did. Don't think you can walk in my life and try to fix it, if anything you need to fix yourself" he starts before talking in a low voice, "huh? Yeah what do you do with your parents issue? With your no friends issue, Camila?"

He says my name like it's a curse and my throat closes up, my eyes stinging.

Why would he bring my parents up?

I miss Hans too. So much. Every time I think of him I bawl my eyes out.

I take my phone from the island and head to the door.