Starbucks

Adrian's POV.

As I strolled absent-mindlessly toward the place where I always went after school, somewhere I know I won't find anyone I do not want to see, I looked around.

I saw pedestrians walking their dogs, children headed home, and trees rustling in the soft windy breeze.

I continued walking, hearing the soft tune of music I listened to.

This is tranquility.

I always liked the quietness of this neighbourhood.

When I finally reached Starbucks I entered.

Ah yes.

The familiar scent of coffee and the occasional few people sitting on a table.

I took my earphones out and ordered a cup of iced tea.

I then sat myself down on one of the tables and quietly typed out the assignment I had in English Lit.

When my tea arrived, the guy serving it tapped my shoulder and I was amazed at what I saw.

He had toffee coloured skin, and dark chocolate coloured hair, with small curls. His lips were light brown and looked so soft, I wanted to just-

"Here's your order sir..." He politely said, snapping me out of my trance.

"Right... er t-thanks...." I said trailing off at a loss of words.

"Would you like anything else?"

Your number.

"My... what...?"

Crap. Did I just say that out loud?!

"Sorry I'm fine, here.... the payment."

"Sir, did you just give me a one hundred dollar tip?"

Oops

"Yes I did actually. Keep it." I smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am."

Yes I know I'm bad at flirting okay, sue me.

"Thank you..."

"Adrian."

"Thank you Adrian."

"No problem. I will just leave now then..."

I packed my things and as I was about to go a voice stopped me.

"Wait.... can I get your number?"

Speechless for a few seconds, I turned around.

He wanted my number??

"Sure... umm.... here."

As he gave me his phone to type out my number, our hands touched.

It was the smallest of fingertips touching but it was enough to give me an electric shock.

Crap was I blushing?

I took the phone and typed my number out. When I passed it back to him, he seemed to pull me closer until I was only centimetres away from his chest.

Not that I minded.

When I looked back up at him, I noticed his eyes.

They were deep blue, like the cleanest and healthiest ocean. They had flecks of green and looked like a little lake.

They were beautiful. I could stare into them for years-

"Thank you Adrian. See you sometime later."

Ask him out, you coward.

"Y-Y-You're welcome." I stuttered.

Ask him out. The voice inside my head rang.

"See you again later...." He trailed off.

And with that I grabbed my things and practically ran out of the place.

So how did you guys like that first chapter? I really have never done this before so idek lol.
Please give me feedback in the comments on how to improve, but don't hate too much. Thanks!