Ashley

I ran down the hallways, bumping into people as I went, trying to find him.

I checked each and every corridor, every classroom and I still didn't find him.

I suddenly noticed some familiar curly hair next to the janitor's closet.

I went over there and was about to talk when the guy turned around.

Crap. This clearly was not Liam... He wasn't even close....

"Can I help you...?" The guy asked, cocking an eyebrow, and turning away from the person he was talking to.

"N-n-no sorry, I thought you were someone else." I stuttered.

He rolled his eyes and continued talking to the person he was talking to.

It's not my fault I'm dumb okay?

I was just about to give up, when he was walking through the corridor, carrying some books.

Just before I approached him, some girl came up to him and pecked him right on the lips.

He threw a quick glance at me and I looked away.

I was about to walk away when I remembered that I still had his charm in my hand.

"You left this in the nurses office..." I laughed nervously.

"Thanks." He said, barely even giving me second glance.

"Babe, let's go." The girl next to him chuckled, biting her lower lip.

"You really can't be patient huh babe." He laughed.

They walked away, her arm around his waist.

I watched them until they left the hallway, feeling a stab of humiliation right through my bones.

When I started walking back to class, the bell rang and I drove home.

When I finally arrived home, I sat on my bed, alone with my thoughts.

How didn't I notice. He was freaking straight. He wasn't only that, but straight and taken.

And I still thought I could get him.

I'm an idiot.

He wouldn't be with me anyways. It ain't a big deal.

Yet here I am sulking about it. I can't keep getting my feelings outta control. It's stupid.

It's like Ashton all over again.

I might as well stay outta his way.

It will benefit everyone.

And I drifted off into sleep.

I woke up to my mom towering over me, shaking me gently.

"Wake up, Adrian." She whispered, giving me a tired smile.

I groaned, stretched my arms out and sat up.

"What's the time?" I asked, trying to suppress a yawn.

She quickly pulled out her phone and checked, "It's 06:04," she replied. "Come on you need to eat dinner.

"But it's too early," I groaned, about to get back under my blankets, when it got pulled right off me.

"Just get up." She snapped angrily.

"Yes mum," I nervously smiled, nearly jumping out off bed.

After sliding into my slides, I dragged myself down to dinner.

When I finally reached the kitchen, I noticed my dad wasn't in his usual seat. He must've gone out drinking. Again.

"Where's dad?" I asked, as I grabbed a plate to get some food.

"He was working late," she muttered.

It was sad seeing mum like this, her and dad are always getting into unnecessary disagreements, or he stays off late.

Why am I not surprised this happened...

I silently ate my food and went up to my room when I was done, and before I went to sleep again, I got a text.

Unknown: Hi. It's Liam.