The Rules

I looked around in astonishment. There were people in dark and hooded clothes, buildings were all broken and squashed together, and... was that guy breaking into somebody's car?

There were a few abandoned buildings, probably private offices, that had graffiti all over them, broken doors and windows, and the windows that were still intact were nearly black.

I looked over to Liam, who lazily scrolled through his phone, humming out the song he was listening to.

As I drove by I noticed a few children, walking all alone, with dirty jackets on and couldn't help but get a small feeling of sympathy.

This place is interesting.....

I continued driving for a while and then decided to speak up.

"So this is where you live?" I asked.

"Yeah... you got a problem with it?" He hissed, turning to face me.

"No. Well it's-it's scary, but..." I stuttered, fidgeting with my jacket nervously. "I find it interesting." I smiled.

He lifted up an eyebrow in amusement and disbelief.

"You really think so?" He inquired.

"Yeah." I replied.

He hesitated for minute before saying, "You're a very peculiar individual Adrian."

"I know." I smiled.

"But seriously, you like it here?" He slowly asked, his gaze instantly meeting mine.

"Yes.... I do"

He looked at me for a minute or two before giving me a faint smile.

"If you say so."

We passed along the buildings when Liam told me to stop.

"This is my place." He smiled.

"Now before you drop me off, listen." His expression immediately turned serious.

"Have you ever been in a place like this before?"

"No."

"I thought as much." He sighed. "So there are a few things you have to take notice of."

"Firstly, if you are going to leave this car and not just drop me off, don't park outside." He explained, looking me dead in the eyes.

"Why-"

"Do you really want to find out?" He snapped.

"Sorry." I yelped.

He looked at me with a strange look on his face. Then his lips twitched into a smile, which was just as quickly replaced by a scowl.

Probably thinking I'm strange.

He sighed. "Also, when you leave, don't talk to anyone."

"What? Why? Won't they-"

"Do you trust me?" He asked.

"Yeah..... y-yeah.... I do..." I replied, hesitant.

It's not like I didn't trust him... I just didn't trust him with my life. Besides.... I didn't know how to answer.

"Then just shut up and listen," he replied.

"Eish."

I kept on driving around for a while until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey Adrian?"

"Yes?"

"Turn right."

We drove around for a while until we reached a black gate, with random letters and numbers scribbled all over it.

"This is my place. Hoot and then drop me off." He said.

"Okay."

He got up to leave, when a pretty toffee skinned lady came out of the gate, onto the pavement.

"Oh Liam, you're back. Come inside, quickly so you don't get cold." She smiled.

She then turned toward me.

"Well, won't you tell me who your friend is?" She asked.

"Mom this is Adrian. Some nice guy from school, who offered to drop me off. Adrian, yeah, this is my mother." He smiled.

"Nice to meet you miss." I muttered.

"Please," she laughed. "No need to be so formal. Come on in."

"Okay." I replied.

We left, with my car outside, to go into the house.

So how did y'all like this chapter? What do you think will happen next? Thanks for reading. See you on the next chapter luv.