Moon Magic

Pierce and Ava had finished their cups of coffee, they were walking their way home. Pierce had his hands tucked in his pockets as Ava had her hands behind her back under her hair.
Pierce side eyed Ava, watching her for a few seconds before looking back forward.
Ava wanted to stir conversation, but Pierce isn't talkative. She decides to stay within Pierce's comfort zone and stay silent.
But she couldn't bare the silence, so she looked up at him and began to speak,
"So.. what is your magic?"
Pierce jumped a bit, he didn't understand why she would ask that type of question out of the blue.. his words began to jumble up into one and his hands clenched in his pockets, panic beginning to drive his body language.
"Wh.. why do you ask..?"
Ava shrugged, "Just curious.. I know everybody's magic here except yours. I know Noi drained his magic to get you all here, but I don't think he would hide it like yourself.."
Pierce avoided eye contact with Ava, he was just simply nervous but Ava took it as Pierce not wanting to say anything with it.
"I-If you don't want to respond you don't have to! It's just curiosity.."
Pierce stopped walking and put his hand on Ava's shoulder. "No it's alright.. I'll tell you."
Ava stopped walking and looked back at Pierce, untucking her hands and leaning forward a bit to force eye contact so Pierce refrains from lying.
Pierce glanced over at Ava and realized she was practically asking for his eyes, so he looked over and said—
"I have the gift of the moon— I mean.. well.. that's what Rhys tells me, but in reality it's simply called moon magic."
Ava thought it sounded beautiful, and made sense to why Pierce has sleepless nights.. it's when his magic is in full power.
Pierce got a bit lost in the tension between them, but Ava simply smiled. "It sounds like a beautiful ability. Can you tell me what it's like..?"
Pierce nodded as he began to walk, starting to open up about his magic to Ava. He was happy to have the girl that lights a little light within his heart listen to him talk about himself, it was rare when any daemos care about him the way this girl does.