General Pierce

Pierce soon had awaken, it was around 5 AM, he had only slept for two hours, since daemos do not require much sleep. He woke up to Ava asleep above him, raising his hand and pressing it against her cheek, rubbing his thumb against her cheek bone.
             He sat up with a gentle smile as he got off the bed, leaning over it and tucking his hands under her upper back and under her knees, picking her up and laying her down on her bed, putting her pillow under her head, so she could sleep properly without any sleeping pains.
             Pierce came out of Ava's room, closing the door behind himself. He turned out to Rhys standing there with his arms crossed. He did not look happy. Rhys sternly spoke out, "What were you doing with Princess Ava?"
             Pierce was once ranks above Rhys, so naturally he did not see Rhys as a threat. "She insisted I spoke with her alone. We had talked for a short amount of time before she wanted me to sleep, so I did."
             Rhys snarled at Pierce, "Don't try to go behind our backs and win her over during the night, general Pierce."
             Pierce bit his tongue and he sighed. "Do not call me that. I am a retired general, and I was gifted to Asch by Rhal, if it were my choice, I'd remain with Rhal."
             Rhys crosses his arms "And you wouldn't of came here to meet Princess Ava."
             Pierce stayed silent. He didn't want to answer to Rhys, he cupped his hands behind his back, his fingers curling around his right thumb, so he can vent his anger on something. "This conversation has come to an end, Rhys." He drew his sword out as he sat down at the couch once again, his palms resting on the handles of it.
            Rhys walked back to Pierce, he didn't want to drop the conversation. "My point stands, do not betray us, or you won't make it out alive. You and I both know that Asch, Leif, and Noi would of attempted to kill you for going behind their backs."
           Pierce spoke as he was getting ready to rest. "You are not Asch, Leif, or Noi. And I did not go behind your backs, Princess Ava insisted on it."