When Was Your Downfall?

Rhys insisted on carrying out the conversation, he placed his hand on the shoulder guard of Pierce, "I'm warning you now so you don't get caught off guard by the rest of them. I get that you are the deadliest yet gentlest out of us, but truth be told, we have all become a sort of soft since we've been on e-arf."
Pierce refuses to respond, he yanked his shoulder away from Rhys as he tilted his head down, seconds from falling asleep on command since it was necessary, so one could get as much sleep as one can get during training camp.
Rhys yanked Pierce by the arm "Wake up, you've got explaining to do. Why did Ava insist on you of all people to comfort her?"
Pierce grunted and looked back at Rhys "I woke up in the middle of the night, she had discovered me awake and she requested I talked to her about why I was awake and what was on my mind, that's all." Pierce turned himself back, leaning up against the arm rest of the chair
Rhys sighed as he pushed his glasses back upon his face, speaking in a quiet yet cautious tone. "One day, you will find yourself in your own downfall, you've had your uprise, but have you fallen yet?"
Pierce sheathed his sword away, standing up and towering over Rhys. "I have been born into my downfall, I never had an uprise until I joined Rhal's knights. Just because your downfall has been more recent than mine doesn't mean I haven't fallen to my knees in despair before." He clenched his hands
into tight fists, as his tone suddenly got low. "Just because you get to sit with the former queen of daemos and learn at the feet of the master doesn't mean you get to pick apart the rest of us." He took in a rather deep breath, his hands unfolding from the curled fists, and he backed down from Rhys
Rhys sighed as he folded his hands behind his back. "I have faced my own trials and errors before I got to learn from Lady Grandma. Don't think for a second that you—!"
Pierce's lip twitched as he bared his teeth, having more of an animal reaction since daemos run free and hunt like wild animals, so those aspects show from time to time. "At least you didn't find yourself running through a forest with your ankles torn from thorns as your back burned from running from your village going up in flames. Not to mention having those who burned my home town being one of those that I stand with today." He turned his gaze over to Leif "Him and those Malachite juveniles..."
Rhys's eyes widened a tad as he tilted his head, looking up at Pierce "Wait.. correct me if I'm wrong but... you're from.. Labradorite.. the village that went up in flames..?"