Chapter- XXV

"Huh?!"

"Matt, we bid our goodbyes downstairs minutes ago. The date is over." Rose said softly pulling Matt away from Dad.

"And even if you think it isn't, I say it is.

I don't know what to do with this shrine whoever built for certainly you.

Dad and I need to think things through. Police needs to be  involved since it's on our property and I don't think our combined security is handling it well discreetly."

"For the exact reason I need us to handle it ourselves." Matt said pulling Rose back to Dad.

"Thomas, I don't think am privy to all information from your end. This is as much a spectacle created for me as it is for Rose.

Now I know we got acquainted recently and from the looks of it, it's an employee of mine who likes Rose as much as I do."

Rose could hear her jaw hitting the floor if it were detachable.

Who is this guy?! And how mad is he?!

Who in this age and time falls in love before the first date and talks to parents immediately after?!

Mental facepalm*

"Ouch!!"

Rose ended up giving herself a really strong facepalm. Dad and Matt both turned to look at her when that happened.

The fuck is happening.

Matt, no!!

Am not even decided how long I pull this before saying yes to you!!

Rose's inner voice shrieked, "You're going to say yes to him?! So soon?!"

Not now.

Returning to the conversation Matt said, "I say this because he's shown himself and his possessiveness on all the three occassions Rose and I have interacted and once without any rhyme or reason."

"I myself would've played my cards close if I were in your spot but we both don't want to risk anything happening to Rose."

"I saw what her security was capable of when she went to her farm and I see serious loopholes in mine today."

"Robert will be bringing in a highly recommended security counsel before end of day tomorrow who'll liaise in cleaning up this mess once and for all. Till then I insist Rose stay at my penthouse with my family and I. We can both work in better tandem towards Regalia there without wasting any time chasing shadows.

And it'll be better from a security standpoint." said Matt eyeing the smashed petals.

"I think it's a good idea." Dad said pointedly.

"Haha!! Dad your sense of humor is so weird at times," Rose said playfully slapping Thomas's arm.

But when he looked at her with the same pointed expression she sobered, "You're not kidding?!"

"Am not."

Thomas continued, "I agree it'd be easier safeguarding both of you at one place instead of two. Whoever this is, is a risk to you both. Solving it takes precedence to work. And such moments call for extraordinary measures. What do you think Rose?"

After you've dissected the scenario like a limp frog?!

Gee, dad, I don't think I can voice opinion any differently risking sounding too desparate or complacent!!

"From a purely security standpoint, it does make sense." Rose said clearing her throat and itching an imaginary itch on her neck.

"It's decided then. Sicilia pack for Rosey a week's worth of clothing by which I hope this matter would be solved." Dad said eyeing Matt as if throwing him a challenge.