Chapter - XI

Dedicated to - @arazaq20 my first voter

Rose walked in and sat on one of the two chairs facing dad's rosewood study table next to Matt, very conscious of his eyes following her movements as if she were some ninja about to strike and assassinate him in seconds...

She wished she were right now...

Oh come on..

Stop staring at me like that..

She mentally cursed and cleared her throat looking straight at dad avoiding looking at Matt.

"You okay, Rose?"

Matt asked inviting dad's attention to Rose's face up from the documents he was checking.

Oh you like playing dirty...

"Absolutely," she returned with equal ease and élan.

Dad smiled at her with his ever-present proud of her look and said,"Rose likes getting into projects really quick quite like you Matt."

She mentally glared at her dad...

Perfect timing for being the proud parent...

"Does she?"

"For a moment I thought she invited you over to talk about Regalia and forgot to tell me about it. She had been putting in quite some hours for the project. Really wanted it."

Rose was looking down, fiddling with one of her bracelets while dad was talking, very conscious of Matt's eyes on her..

Amazing dad...

Why are you telling him all this...

"Your daughter has good business sense, Mr. Tyler. I too wanted this project all for myself. But sometimes one needs to consider things bigger than oneself. Regalia is too great a gem and I want to involve every positive effort in restoring it."

Another free compliment...

Mr.Moneybags sure is feeling kind today...

Rose looked up at the statement, looking at Matt said,"That's precisely what I think. I wouldn't mind taking help if it can better what I have thought for Regalia."

Rose and Matt's eyes blinked as if brokering a silent promise and then she looked at dad and as if an instruction passed, turning to Matt again she said, "But the plans your team has proposed are definitely not better than what I had in mind."

The room felt deathly silent at the moment.

Matt's face was expressionless as if someone had slapped him and he was stopping showing all the hurt he was feeling.

A master actor...

No doubt he is aware the plans are crap...

"Is that right?" Matt spoke after what was surely a full minute.

Rose with her I-don't-back-down expression nodded yes.

Matt's eyes softened at that looking almost proud and pleased.

This is confusing..

He's supposed to be angry, displeased at the very least...

Why is he looking proud?!

"Why don't you show me your plans, Rose?"

I walked right into it, didn't I?!

She looked at Dad who nodded a yes as if saying let the games begin.

She turned towards Matt who was looking at her with the you've-been-served kind of expression and said with a trace of reluctance, "Let me fetch them from my room."

She was halfway out of the study when Matt asked, "May I see your room?"

Over my dead body...

Oh heavens...

Someone stop him from crawling into me..

She turned and giving him an incredulous look asked, "Why?"

"It's just that people tell me you are the designing mind behind Helena Developers and am really intrigued to see your personal living space only if Mr. Tyler and you permit," looking towards Dad.

"Purely from a designer's point of view...", giving the most solemn and holy expression there was.

"My room here was designed by my mum and it still is as she left", a protective look stealing into Rose's eyes.

Matt looked truly apologetic as if trying to swallow back the words he'd spoken.

"Am really sorry, I didn't know," he looked with a downcast glance towards Rose and Mr.Tyler as if he preferred dying at that moment.

"No harm, no foul!" Dad said trying to diffuse the tension in the air.

"Show Matt your room, Rose! It'll show him where you get your inspiration from." Dad said giving his kind smile.

Whose side are you on, Dad?!

"Only if Rose wants to." Matt replied trying to remedy the harm he'd unwittingly done.

"I wouldn't want to impose."

Oh you've already imposed, might as well get your money's worth...

Rose without saying another word to Matt's face turned and said softly," Come see what inspires me."

Matt got up and followed a couple of paces behind her.

This woman will be the death of me...

Author's Note: I know I wrote there'd be no more author notes going forward but #1 in self-made is a big deal. 

Thank you for the reads so far.

 I am very grateful.

So many choices of reads in Wattpad. Even if I get a single more read it makes my day. Like someone out there liked this stuff enough to spend some time and read it.

Votes and comments make my week.

Awaiting them.

XOXO