Chapter-XXIII

How does one define how it feels when electric sparks touch you?!

You stare at them, as if displaced and not associated, not registering what you are feeling and yet end up feeling with every fibre of your being what is coming in contact with you!!

Warmth surged from Rose's knuckles up her arms till they reached everywhere. She could just hold Matt's fingers in light of the pleasure that was emanating from his lips and seeping into her soul.

She must've been looking at him with Bambi eyes because when Matt kissed the last knuckle he opened his eyes and looked up at her.

"You're not breathing." Matt said.

Cat gets your tongue at the worst moments...

"Umm..."

Matt looked at her face with apprehension.

When all Rose did was bite her lower lip, Matt moved away from her and said as if talking to himself, "You don't feel anything."

Rose was still gobsmacked at what had happened. The things she was daydreaming about all these days had happened without a warning.

This guy whose company had been snooping around hers and who had been overbearing to say the least had acted like the Prince Charming straight out of any girl's dream.

He hadn't taken liberties without her permission, he hadn't taken her to some fancy place to show off his money and he wasn't demeaning her when she didn't respond as per his expectations instead he was an absolute gentleman, how he behaved with her, every arrangement was to her liking and now he was examining if she liked him how he liked her.

Rose had heard her best friends talk about such men who were kind, liberal and accepting. She knew her dad and brother were such men.

But her past had told her otherwise.

She had doubts if Matt belonged to the former or latter group but till that was established she knew she was supposed to work with him.

She could see the emotions in his eyes were too precious.

Squeezing his hands that held hers, Rose gave Matt a shy smile and looking down from his ever-reading eyes she said, "I feel everything."

Those words made Matt's breath hitch. Letting her left hand go, Matt gently held Rose's chin and raised so he could read the shy anticipation in her eyes.

Matt didn't say anything till he was sure Rose and him were on the same page.

Moving his face to inches away from Rose's, he waited as if saying, "The ball's in your court."

Matt's clean-shaven olive-tan face with those dilated pupils and slightly parted inviting delectable lips made Rose lose what little control she wanted to exercise today.

Shutting her questioning brain, she took the plunge and his lower lip between hers sucking them to verify the promise of elixir they held. Strong hand cradled her left cheek heightening her senses even more. Eyes instinctively shut she could only loose herself in the freedom Matt gave her in exploring the taste of his lips.

Seconds later it felt like Matt could no longer hold back, giving her right hand a firm squeeze he let go to cradle the right side of her face and showed her what a proper kiss he wanted their first one to be. Capturing her lower and upper lip in turns completely between his he sucked them like they held the nectar of life. Rubbing against her nose with his when he changed sides he slid his tongue tentatively licking the ends of Rose's dewy lips as he explored. His teeth grazed her bottom lip albeit cautiously.

Every lick and suck made Rose respond with equal thirst and hum. She felt those lips belonged to her only. A minute later which felt like seconds they broke apart for breath. Pink-lipped and hungry-eyed they stared at each other for what felt like gates to forbidden delight.

Matt ran his left thumb on Rose's bottom lip, "Did I hurt you?"

Rose nodded no emphatically which made him smile. With his eyes closed he placed a tender kiss on Rose's forehead as if willing himself to stay strong, moving his lips close to Rose's chin he placed another gentle kiss this time with eyes open looking straight into Rose's promising her of the delights to come.

Rose didn't remember her hands had grabbed Matt's collars as her hold on reality during the kiss. His huge palms covered them and held them there while he spoke, "You have no idea of the kind of dreams I've been having since I stormed into your office. Thank you for adding wings of reality to them. I want you Rose. I want the light you are, the fire you can often be, acid of your tongue, mettle of your friendship, strength of your resolve, your indifference when you disagree, the dark shadows you hide, the future you promise and scare me of not deserving, everything, nothing excluded, altered or revised."

"I know it isn't even a week since we met but it feels like I've been waiting all eternity for you and the only promise I can make today is I'll wait all eternity for you to say yes to us even if you don't ever feel the same."

Seeing the surprise in Rose's eyes, Matt said, "When one knows, one knows, Cara. I don't want to play cat and mouse with the woman I've decided my future with and you're the first person I wanted to tell this to."

"Whatever I wanted in my life I've earned, taken or achieved with every means possible. I'm informing you that I am going to be the only man in your life no matter how long it takes for us to become one."

"My life will be an open book to you the moment you open the pages to yours till then we can take it as slow or fast as you want it to be. Though I should inform you am not known for my patience especially when I feel you want me too."

Giving her hands a squeeze before removing them from his collar, Matt said, "They're testing my resolve and unless you want tonight to be our first run at even greater proximity I suggest I drop you home."

With his eyes riveted on her face, Matt asked, "Is there anything you want to say to me, babe, before we leave?"

Previously-Absconding-now-returned Author's note:

I know and agree that two years is a really long time to update but I felt instead of putting just anything for the sake of updating I wanted to put something that did justice to what had been put up so far.

I really hope and pray these words find everyone in better days than previous ones.

Stay safe and keep reading.

Vote, like and comment if the chapter pleased you.