Chapter II

After thirty minutes of yoga and a light breakfast comprising of omelet and tomato sandwich with orange juice, she drove herself to the Branch office of Kronos, the presumed make-shift headquarters for Matt Flinthart till he had clinched the said tender.

Dressed in a navy blue sheath dress with a slate gray short blazer, coupled with blue sapphire drops she'd inherited from her mum, armed with kohl-lined eyes and pink gloss-tinted lips she entered the steel and glass behemoth at nine a.m. sharp.

The interiors were ruled by dark brown, seemingly the favored color as it was present everywhere from his eyes to his walls and the décor. Cream leather furniture and plush white Italian marble gave the place a lightening feel.

Fresh baby pink orchids adorned the reception area. The receptionist was immaculately dressed and supposedly expecting Rose as she addressed her with a smile and told Matt had been waiting for her in the conference room.

Well that did take away half the fun...

Heels clacking in controlled disappointment she approached the conference room only to find its door opened by Matt. It was as if she was looking at her male version this lovely morning. He was wearing a slate gray suit coupled with navy blue tie and blue sapphire cufflinks.

Could things get anymore odd? Like two knights had come to war dressed in their royal colors. About to draw swords for the same maiden...

Open-mouthed she stared at him for a few seconds; it was as if he had spies reporting him of what she wore.

Now that was a joke!!

He offered his right hand with an almost apologetic smile as if saying sorry for what he did and how he behaved yesterday.

"Good Morning, Miss Rose!! My apologies for my rash and almost rude behavior yesterday!!" he said in his deep, masculine voice which reached somewhere down where no voice was allowed access. His brown eyes invading the depths of her hazel ones and trying to gauge something she felt she should be guarding.

"Almost rude?! Let me assure you it was definitely rude, not taking into account you interrupted a video conference with our overseas clients who wondered if I operate from an office or a roadside café where people may come and go as they please." She flung in equal measure with a calculated smile giving no trace of how his voice and apology had affected her.

He answered with a broad, disarming smile. Thick wavy black hair, tanned ivory skin with a hint of a dimple on his left cheek gave him a schoolboy charm as if he'd been summoned to the headmaster's office and he had no qualms accepting he was in the wrong.

Too endearing...something she wasn't expecting from Matt Flinthart, the guy infamous for hiring and firing people as he pleased, who valued bottom-line over aesthetics and definitely not from the guy who featured with a new model in his arms every few days in the circles such billionaires frequented.

Definitely not expecting this...

"I hope you didn't fire your security over allowing me access to your office unannounced without an appointment," he asked tilting his head sideways.

Aww, such a big heart... Why?! Would you like to hire them?!

"I don't fire my people. I make them pay for their negligence. She has been transferred to one of our sites. Let's call it scud duty!" She replied bending her head forward making it clear she kept scores and settled them without fail.

His smile lost a bit of his disarming charm.

"Let's proceed to me explaining what the abrupt visit was all about!"