Chapter-XXII

Rose didn't know if she was capable of feeling so many emotions at once by the time she'd finished her midnight dinner and tried sleeping again.

She could feel butterflies the size of helicopters in her stomach which she was a bit doubtful if it was because of her less than ideal eating and sleeping patterns or due to the drop-dead gorgeous hunk of a billionaire texting her in middle of the night saying he was planning for a coffee date tomorrow.

She didn't know if it was because of her past throwing bouquet of her favorite flowers at her making her feel as if someone had twisted a rusted knife into her. She was close to feeling they'd rather finish the job quite a few times in the past but now she had a different outlook towards life and this hunk of a guy was a mystery like her life who had everything but still wanted something which seemed elusive.

Boy, was that intriguing!!

With that as a last thought she forced herself to sleep since she didn't want anymore fainting episodes this week or in the foreseeable future with her past knocking about.

For reasons unknown Rose woke up the next day around 12 midday as groggily as if she'd been up after a 15-minute nap.

Guess her unconscious mind was over-thinking even in sleep as much as she was. She was probably way more tired than she was aware of.

Dragging herself into the bathroom she missed the spring in her steps that was always present whenever she started something new.

Her feet felt like bricks right now.

Half-hour long soothing warm shower later she made her way downstairs in her PJs and oldest grey oversized tee she could find. Sicilia was halfway through the lunch prep. It was roast duck, leafy greens and apple pie for lunch.

Taking over the kneading of the dough for the pie before Sicilia could start, Rose sieved through the flours kneading it with almost muscle memory. Recalling the countless days with her mum in the same kitchen where assisting and laying bare everything about her day was Zen time.

Rolling out the dough and setting it in the tray brought back memories of her first attempt at pie which was underdone to say the least and falling apart from every side of the mould.

Once she'd set the pie in the oven she felt like she had some form of control remaining in her life besides feeling unburdened by everything around her for a minute. If cooking for herself paid better she'd have cooked all day.

Laughing at the thought she went to dad's study where he was poring over the details of the other 3 projects they were assisting in designing and delivering.

Rose had finished working on them a couple of days ago. The clients who'd ordered for them were middle-income couples from the same gated community set on the outskirts of the city so all three designs had to be different.

She had a smile on her face going through her work for the final time. It was at the level of some of the best work she's done. Those families would be happy.

After lunch and details of presenting the plans to the clients was done, Rose spoke about her upcoming outing with Matt.

"Is it a date?", Dad asked looking at her through the glasses on his nose.

"No."

"Would you want it to be?", Dad asked with mirth in his eyes.

"No." Rose answered severely.

"Why not?"

"You know why not, dad?!" Rose answered with a morose face.

"I know! Just checking." Dad answered with his hands up in the air in mock-fear of his daughter's anger.