Chapter III

Helena Developers Inc.'s offices were located at the Fulton- Commercial Street District. Storming the grey stone building, he demanded to see the CEO. The security staff looked rattled and tried to intervene but giving her one of his harrowed looks he convinced her it was a matter of life and death. The receptionist looked equally sold to the idea and weakly pointed to the office as if she was equally worried about something else and was considering the consequences.

Weak staff...

Pushing open the door he took in the vibrant and minimal décor for a moment locating the black-haired girl whose eyes were trained on the screen with such rapt attention as if she was negotiating for her left arm with people on the other end, it took her a minute to realize she was being interrupted.

Unblinking clear hazel eyes turned to him with guarded expression giving him their undivided attention. Photos clearly didn't do her justice. A frown started to form on those full pink lips stating she wasn't amused. He wanted to grab her and show who the boss was when he had planned to storm in treating it a scare and get the project routine but one look at her and he knew it was going to be a pleasure gripping her by the arms and making her do his bidding.

Before he could stop himself he had grabbed her by her waist and the words were out as a command.

He had to will himself to push her away from him. He wanted to hone in on the warmth and the alluring scent emanating from her body. Plus those hazel eyes for a moment felt like they were requesting almost insisting him to continue further.

He knew he would be risking more than forceful entry charges if he didn't get out of here soon enough but he was expecting some dumb, acting-business plaything who gets scared easily, not this mature, full-grown enticing woman.

Someone was surely getting fired for this bungled-up account...

The habit of doing the dirty work by oneself once in a while had come in heavy especially when you get to lay your eyes on such a treat you don't want to walk away from.

He needed to know more. He needed to know all and he needed it now.

A call to his company Security Head Robert Altman ensured he'd know all by tonight. Damn, he should've asked him only before this errant adventure and not the local office intern, Pete, who seemed too eager to impress him.

The matter needed more care now, since his behavior had foolishly blown the war bugle where diplomacy was the key. Reasoning with an ignorant opponent would've been definitely easier than an angry and aware one.

And aware he did become...once the file on Rose Amelia Tyler reached his ipad, it was the only thing getting his attention. Studying every detail minutely, he was considering his next plan of action.

He considered calling up Ryan to know more social details about her as he had not asked Robert to dig them up... yet.

Did he want to know all of this because of the project? Or, did he want to know her? More on the lines of, if she was taken... did he?

He walked back and forth in his hotel suite for a full minute before deciding to give Robert another call requesting a more detailed report this time including all that was to know about Miss Tyler.

Her being single was as much a surprise as a relief. He was surprised that he was relieved.

He, who had hung out with supermodels so frequently so as to forget their names could easily recall Rose's middle name as if it were his own. Agreed, she had the clearest hazel eyes and the fullest pink lips he had come across and her lithe figure did leave less to imagination, but surely she was no supermodel.

And surely she did not deserve so much of his time and attention, when he needed all his wits about to get Regalia, but she was getting them anyway despite his best attempts. He reasoned with himself she was getting all this attention because she was a hurdle in getting Regalia.

The detailed report by Robert arrived three hours after the first one, followed by a call from him, stating there was a closed file in Miss Tyler's background check. He asked Matt if he should go about trying to recover it.

Matt, for some reasons this time, was not surprised.

The poise and reserve that Rose displayed when he was at her office showed she had remarkable constraint, one that usually comes from bad experiences. He asked Robert not to go about it but had a request that he made on occasions when he was going after a big fish.

He asked for a tail that would keep Matt apprised of all of Miss Tyler's movements. There was a pause at the other end after which Robert asked if there was anything else. The answer that Matt gave surprised Robert, "Not for now."

The tail had informed that Rose had an unknown appointment nine a.m. sharp and she is dressed in grey and blue. Five minutes after her setting out from her house the tail informed she was going towards the Kronos office.

Too bad, Miss Tyler, I just took away your element of surprise...

To all the shy readers out there, a vote speaks volumes...

And to the bold ones, your words are most welcome....