Give 'Em The Ol' Razzle Dazzle

Percy POV

As it turned out, showing Stark 'what I can do' was showin the Avengers 'What I could do'. Because as soon as we made it to the pool, Clint was up in the rafters with a bag a popcorn, sharing it with Natasha, who was with him. Loki was leaning against the wall with a book in his hand taking not-so conspicuious glances and Thor was just standing by the water's edge, watching me with a huge smile and a mixture of concern and excitement on his face.

"Persues, are you sure that you would like to do this?" Thor asked, in a surprisingly quiet voice. "You do not have to prove your worth to us, by any means."

I looked at the god and for the first time in months, I smiled at him. A real smile. Not a smirk, or a plastered on fake one, and I replied, "I know, Thor, but don't worry," This is when I changed it to a smirk. "It's time I let go." With that, I fell backwards into the pool.

The instant rush of power was almost overwhelming, filling me with energy. I released the air I had in my lungs and sank to the bottom, my eyes closed. It was always like this.

Peaceful.

Serene.

And I sometimes hate it. It drove me crazy. The silence it would bring. But I also loved it. How everything would just melt away. I'm proud of you Percy. I opened my eyes quickly and briefly glanced around, before remembering where I was.

That's right, I thought to myself, looking up at the fluorescent lights that were glaring down at the pool. I was supposed to show them what I got. Power. I stretched out my arms horizontally and grasped at the water, feeling the slight pull in my stomach, and spun.

Water wrapped around me as I moved, spinning faster and faster, pushing myself towards the top. When I broke through, I had the water support me as I released the full extent of my aura and looked down at everybody. Steve looked at me, rubbed his eyes and glanced back at me with a disbelieving look on his face. Tony's expression was a combination of shock and i-don't-know-what-the-hell-just-happened. Bruce was analyzing and muttering to himself. Thor looked giddy while Loki looked the perfect combination of bored and interested. I gazed upwards at the duo assassins and willed the water to move up towards them. Clint sputtered and almost dropped the popcorn, if it wasn't for Natasha, when I sat down across from them, dropping the column of water back into the pool, no doubt spraying the people below.

"So, hydro-kinetic, that's something that we could use," Natasha said, plopping a few kernels into her mouth. "What else you got?"

"What other secrets do you have?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow at her. She smirked.

"Touche."

"Can we please not pretend that that wasn't awesome?! I mean, come on- the kid just manipulated water to get up here, not to mention stayed in the water for around twenty minuted without a tank or coming up for air." Clint exclaimed, waving the bag of popcorn around.

I shrugged and braced my hands on the metal. "You should see how we train," I replied, before dropping from the ledge. I heard all of them shout, before I hit the water, moving it so it cushioned my fall.

When I came up again, I got stared down by five glaring people, a still giddy Thor and an indifferent Loki.

"-And what would Fury say if you had died?! What would you're mother say?! What-" This was Tony and Steve giving me a lecture. I don't know why, I mean, it's not like I would have died from the jump. Water is my dad's domain. He wouldn't have let me die.

"Friend Stark, Friend Rogers, young Perseus would not have perished from the fall. He has fallen from larger and taller things than that." Thor boomed, clapping me on the back. The two stopped and stared at me for affirmation. I nodded.

"That's right- didn't Fury mention you surviving a fall of the Gateway Arch?" Clint asked, furrowing his brow. I nodded again. That wasn't a fun fall.

"That's a 629 foot fall!" Tony exclaimed, waving his hands around. "How the hell did you survive?"

"The river," I replied, simply. "You guys have met my father. You know what I am. Poseidon is the Greek God of the sea, of earthquakes, and horses. I, being his son, have those powers too. I have a connection with water."

"He's got a knack for doing things he shouldn't." The voice came from the corner of the room and the smell of Sage, Mullin and Raspberry leaves followed. A lanky teen appeared leaning in the corner, a hand-rolled herbal joint resting in the corner of his mouth. "Percy."

"Nico, what the Hades are you doing here?" I asked as I walked over to greet my/cousin. He had gotten taller, if not a tad broader as well.

He groaned and answered. "Dude, don't use my dad's name as a curse word. He already has to deal with the Underworld and I came because I'm delivering a message from him." He gestured to the awestruck group of heroes behind me. "You all now this already, via Lord Poseidon."

"Dad told them? And what did he tell them? Was it embarrassing?" I asked, gripping Nico's shoulder. He shrugged it off and gazed at me in all seriousness and said:

"Tartarus is awake. And he's coming after you."

"...And he's coming after you." The image of Hades son blurred and turned to the son of Poseidon, catching his frozen in shock expression that was oh-so delicious.

Yesss. I am coming. And I will revel in the taste of your blood, Perseus. I will bask in your nightmares and bath in your screams. This is a promise, my enemy. You won't escape me a second time. Tremors shook the earth in the crater of Mt. Vesuvius, as a loud, low laughter haunted the near by land.

The war had already begun.