Nat, Oh Nat, Where Could You Be?

"Cellular cohesion will take a few hours, but we can initiate the consciousness stream. We're updating your cerebral matrix....now" Helen said, looking at the monitor. They were still in the U-Gin Genetics Lab, the cradle was almost done creating the body for Ultron, and the said bot was sitting with wires plugged into his head.

Wanda and Pietro entered the room; the letter of the two had a confused look on her face.

"I can read him. He is dreaming." She said, touching the cradle lightly.

Helen shook her head. "I wouldn't call it dreams. It's Ultron's base consciousness, information, noise. Soon..."

"How soon?" Ultron interrupted. "I'm not being pushy."

Hele gave a quick sigh and looked at her monitor again. "We're imprinting a physical brain. There are no shortcuts. Even if your magic gem is..."

Wanda stopped paying attention and used her power to get a definitive reading on the being; what she saw shocked her to her core and a horrific realization filled her. Global annihilation. She cried out and faced Ultron.

"How could you?!" She yelled.

"How could I what?" Ultron asked, not knowing what she was talking about.

"You said we would destroy the Avengers, make a better world." She said, her tone accusing.

"It will be better." Ultron stated calmly.

"When everyone is dead." She spat out.

"That is not...! The human race will have every opportunity to improve!" He shouted.

Pietro sneered. "And if they don't?"

Ultron smirked. "Ask Noah."

"You're a madman." Wanda said, horrified as she back up into her brother.

"There were more than a dozen extinction level events before even the dinosaurs for theirs. When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it, and believe me, he's winding up. We have to evolve. There's no room for the weak." Ultron stated, gesturing wildly.

"And who gets to decide who's weak?" Peitro scoffed. Wanda twitched her fingers, using Pietro's distraction to break the scepter's hold on Helen.

"Life. Life always decides." Ultron said, before pausing. "There's incoming. The Quinjet. We have to move." Helen pressed a few buttons on her tablet, canceling Ultron's upload.

"Yeah, that's not going to be a problem." She said, victoriously. Ultron frowned and shot her; she hit the wall just as Pietro grabbed his sister and took off.

"Ah, wait, guys!" Ultron called after them. He made a frustrated sound, not even bothering to look up as he shot the other technicians in the room. "They'll understand. When they see, they'll understand. I just need a little more...time." He gripped the wires that were plugged into the back of his head and pulled them out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve stood on top of the building that housed the lab, waiting for the opportune moment to get inside.

He pressed the comm link in his ear. "Two minutes. Stay close." He said, breaking into the building. He took the stairs to the lab, keeping silent as he stepped inside the lab; he looked around the destroyed room and found Dr. Cho on the ground, wounded.

"Dr. Cho!" He said, moving over to her quickly. He pressed against the wound, putting pressure on it.

"He's uploading himself into the body." She coughed out, her tone urgent.