Through The Looking Glass (The Lions Come)

No One's POV

Little did Percy know that his conversation with Fury was being recorded and watched by the Avengers.

"Annabeth?" Tony asked as he stroked his chin.

"She's the boy's lover," Loki answered, leaning back in his chair as he watched the monitor for the dark haired boys answer.

"What happened to her?" Natasha asked, looking at Thor, who was staring down at the boy in pity.

"She died on their way to war. He couldn't save her and it tore him apart," the Norse god answered, his tone forlorn. "but only on the inside. On the outside he had to remain neutral for the sake of his people."

"Nobody should have to go through that," Steve commented, frowning lightly.

"She's a daughter of Athena, goddess of Wisdom. She died in the middle of the war when we were captured. She was also my girlfriend," Their attention drew back to the monitor as the boy answered. His expression didn't change, in fact he looked serious and cold.

"Your girlfriend. Are you compromised, Mr. Jackson? If you are emotionally upset, we need to know." Fury told him, leaning his forearms on the table as he matched Percy's expression.

"If I was compromised, then I would not be here. Do I feel sadness for the lives that I have lost? Yes. Do I feel anguish for Annabeth? Yes. But will it effect my work? No. That might sound heartless, just a bit, but in order for my camp to not fall, I have to appear strong. In this case appearance is everything." Steve and Tony looked at him in shock. How could this kid hold all of this on his shoulders like it was nothing?

"It's cause he's a leader," Came a voice from the entryway of the room. The group turned to look at a man with dark hair, tan chiseled features, wearing a pair of khaki shorts, and a Hawaiian shirt.

"How did you get to this room? This is a government building and I suggest you leave," Natasha said, bringing out her gun and pointing it at the unknown man.

"Be at ease, Natasha Romanov. I a..." He started, but was interrupted by Thor kneeling at his feet, causing the rest of the group, except Loki, to look at him weirdly.

"Lord Poseidon. What are you doing here?"

"I am here to check up on my son. He has been through a lot at such a young age. And to think, he still has a long way to go before he can be free," The king of the Seas answered, touching the monitor gently.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked gingerly.

"There is another battle coming swiftly. A force far more powerful than the Chitari or Gaea," Poseidon turned around, his hands behind his back and his green eyes thunderous; he truly looked like a Greek god now.

"Who is it then," Loki asked, looking at his perfect fingernails.

"Tartarus, God of the Abyss. He awoke after Gaea was killed and now he searches for Perseus. That is why we sent him to you."

"We?" Tony asked, "Who's we?"

"The 12 Olympian Gods. We decided to send him to the Avengers, because he needs your help. Whether he likes it or not."

"What would you like us to do, Poseidon sir?" Steve asked, standing up straight.

"I want you to help him through his troubles. He still has nightmares about the war and I want you to help him through it. I don't like watching him suffer." Poseidon answered, once again turning to face the monitor.

"We will do our best, Lord Poseidon," Thor said in a thundering voice. The said god offered him a warming smile and replied,

"That is all I ask,"