Chapter 36

THREE YEARS LATER.....

Sally Jackson was an early riser. To cater for little Ty's fees and to put food on the table was no easy task,considering just how much her little man ate.

Now with the addition of a cold and emotionless teenager into her family the task became even more hard.

Of course,she had thought with the passing of Gabe Ugliano into the afterlife,that things would have been easier.

Gabe was an abusive husband and an even more jerk as a father. Never worked,never bathed or brushed his teeth and he always played poker. She always had to use the calmest of her voice to keep Poseidon from bringing the wrath of the seven seas onto her doorstep.

She didn't want to feel like a bad person,but a part of her was actually glad when the man had died. She knew Tyson clearly was.

But,nothing made him happier than getting an older brother. Which brought her back to things becoming harder than before.

Perseus Castellan was not an easy person to live with.

For one thing he almost never talked. He was a boy of extremely few words. Getting a 'hi' from him should have been considered an accomplishment.

He kept to himself,answering questions with as short statements as possible before walking to the room he and little Ty shared.

To be honest,Sally felt kinda jealous of Tyson. Out of everyone her son was the only one who made Percy smile as much as he did,but even then the smile lasted no more than a few seconds.

Financially speaking,the boy was also a drain. As May had explained to her,Percy inherited his father's speed,and with that came the need to consume as much calories as possible.

To say Percy ate a lot was an understatement.

Then came the added school fees she had to pay for the nineth grader. Then also the clothes and other accessories added onto the budget.

The mother of one sighed as she slowly got out of bed and made her way to the bathroom. After a quick shower,she got dressed for work before making her way to the dining \ kitchenette.

What she got there made her smile.

As much as Percy was an added 'expense' for lack of a better word,he always tried  to make things easier for her.

Like how she found a cup of coffee,and omelet and buttered toast waiting for her on the table.. The one responsible for such lovable actions was blurring around the living room,making last minute touches.

He paused his speed cleaning for a moment" Morning" then blurred past her and to his room.

"Morning to you too Percy" she said as she sat down and began to eat one of Percy's specials. The boy really knew how to make his coffee. First sip and Sally felt like she could take over the world.

"Peeeercy!" Came and annoyed whine belonging to her son.

"You're gonna be late Tyson,now hurry up and get dressed" came Percy's monotone reply.

"Its two hours before time!"

"Shirt on Tyson"

Sally chuckled to herself as she downed the mug and took the used utensils to the kitchen. Just before she could place them on the sink,a blur snatched them away. When she turned to look,she found Percy wiping the mug which was already clean.

"Thank you for the breakfast" she told him.

"You're welcome" he said,giving her one of his rare smiles" its the least I could do. I Know I'm not the easiest person to live with."