Chapter 19

"How does that even make any sense?" Luke asked.

"Waves Luke,Radio waves. That is how you control communication and transport lines" Percy said rubbing his temple. He had been explaining this for the last thirty minutes" Break the circle. Reach out to more than just radio waves. There are a lot of waves radiative ,convective and conductive heat waves,UV waves...."

"What the hell are those?" Luke asked.

"Okay I'm done!" Percy growled and walked away. Luke chuckled as he watched his brother stomp in annoyance.

"Do you have to keep getting on his nerves every time?" Thalia asked.

"Well yeah,he gets into mine every second" Luke answered.

"He's trying to help Luke" Thalia said fixing a deadly scowl at him" grow up"

Before he could call out on her attitude,she walked away,her arms crossed and a disgusted look thrown harshly at him.

"What's her problem?"he asked.

"She's mad at you" Annabeth said" that's pretty obvious"

"Why?"

"Don't know,why don't you ask her?" The seven year old replied. Luke was about to follow the daughter of Zeus when Annabeth held him by the hand and stopped him" Wait."

"Wait,wait for what?"

"I wanted to show you a move Percy taught me when you were asleep" she said giving him a bright and disconcerting grin.

Luke gulped and nodded shakily"Okay Annie"

She frowned at him,the usually cute look now sending chills down his spine" Don't call me that!" She said.

"But Percy-"

"Shield!" She screamed,whipping out her dagger and sending a very accurate and deadly jab at his belly. The panicked son of Hermes was forced to retreat as the blonde daughter of Athena chased him around with her dagger.

"Looks like they're having fun" Thalia said as she approached the brooding Percy.

Percy turned and faced her,and he faced her for almost two minutes. Thalia looked behind her then around,then back at him and raised her eyebrows.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" She asked.

Percy crossed his arms" Close your eyes" he said.

"What?"

"Close your eyes"

"Why?"

"Just do it" he said sighing.

"Okay" the raven haired girl straightened her posture and closed her eyes,albeit a bit reluctantly.

"Now,I want you to focus on the air around you" he said.

"The air around me?"

"Yeah. You know that tug you feel on your gut when you're pulling a bolt of lightning from the sky?"

"Yeah,how do you know that?" She asked looking at him.

"I feel the same way when I turn something to dust" he said" Now,close your eyes and focus on the air around you until you feel that pull"

"O....kay" she said.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes,tuning out the panicked sounds of Luke and the gleeful laughs of Annabeth,she tuned out everything else and focused on the air.

She didn't know how you 'focus on air' but the moment everything became quiet,she felt like a new lever in her brain had been added.

She felt the movement of wind against her face. It was gentle,so gentle it almost seemed to be caressing her cheeks.