Chapter 45

Thalia stared hard at the ground. She had been doing that a lot lately, so much so that Will was tempted to check her temperature. But she was just in thought. She was in really deep thought. Thing is, he didn't know whether melt at how cute she looked or be furiously jealous considering the fact that the said thoughts were about another guy.

Perseus was an asshole.

Thalia said that phrase so much it actually repeated itself in his head every passing second. And the thing is,  before he met the guy, he wasn't sure why she hated his so much. Like, sure, the dude did drive a sword through his brother's back till it stuck out on the other side but his life force had been what had been protecting them for the last three years.

That was before he met him and yes, he agreed with her, the guy was an asshole. A powerful demigod, but a massive asshole nonetheless. Still, he was the first person Will had met who could talk that badly to the hunters and still have his balls intact.

Despite the obvious hatred he held for the son of Hermes, Will had mad respect for the guy.

He sighed. Usually, that would have been an easily ignored but given how the night was a silent one and everyone in the little camp was quiet, it was awfully loud. So loud he couldn't help but cringe at the looks sent his way.

"Sorry, about that." He whispered.

"You should all be resting." Zoe said, a hand on her hunting knife " I volunteered to take watch didn't I."

"Sorry princess but it's pretty obvious we can't." Thalia replied " not after what went down today." At that , Bianca's face got red.

Scratch that, Will had overwhelming respect for the guy, like who else in the history of the world ever got such a reaction from a huntress of Artemis?

"Something's been bothering me " Will spoke up " you said the Spartoi have her cap?"

"Yeah." Thalia answered.

"Where did they get it from?"

"Where else?" Zoe said, driving her blade into the ground" hate him with all your guts but Perseus's credibility speaks for itself. I've seen the boy's workings first hand and I've taught myself not underestimate him."

"Meaning?" Bianca asked.

"He was right" Thalia said, confirming Will's fears" There is a spy at camp."

"Crap " Will growled, standing up and starting to pace around. That all familiar irritation that had so easily turned into anger the moment the Son of Hermes was mentioned started bubbling within" How the hell did he know that?"

"He's Perseus Castellan." Zoe answered.

"You say that like it's supposed to mean something."

"It does." Thalia answered " we've both seen what he can do."

"Nothing special I hope " the boy said.

"If you count fighting the Titan of the North and managing to actually kill him as nothing special, then sure."

"I thought he was just spouting bullshit when he said that!" Will exclaimed.

"In this world, there are people born with power that makes even the gods tremble. Trust me, I've been around long enough to see that happen and all of them were just  arrogant pigs who were taken down by the gods, Hercules -"

"He got turned into a god though " Will said, but caught himself seeing the huntress' nasty glare" but you're right, the gods did mess him up."

"Perseus is the first demigod to ever rise who has me unsure of what he'll do next. When it comes to him, I'm always guessing."