Chapter 2

"I'm hungry" Luke shouted the moment he walked into the house. It was seven.

"Quiet Luke" Percy hissed. He was listening to his mother's muffled screams. If there was any unevenness in her cry,he would dash into her room to check on her.

"Whaaaat" Luke asked dragging his question. Percy didn't let it get to him. Luke was always annoying,but Percy knew reacting to his taunts would only fuel him further. So he kept quiet.

He was standing in the middle of the room,arms folded over his chest,facing the kitchen while his ears were trained at his mom's room.

"What are you cooking?" Luke asked.

"Spaghetti and meatballs" Percy answered" now be quiet!"

"Did you add the salt?" Luke asked.

"Yes" Percy growled.

"How much of it?"

"Just enough"

"Is it ready?"

"No"

"How long till its ready?"

"Couple of minutes"

"Could you be more specific?"

"Two at most"

"And at least?"

Percy was about to jump on him and squeeze the life outta him when the door opened to reveal...their father.

Percy's mood dropped by ten percent in those few seconds his eyes met with his father's,his face furrowing further.

"I'm gonna check on the food" he said turning to walk to the kitchen.

"No" his father's deep voice reverberated across the room. With an inquisitive expression Percy faced his dad." Stay"

"But the food.."

Hermes waved his hand and the meal appeared on the table with spoons glasses of water ,forks and everything.

"Whoa" Luke said "you've got to teach me how to do that dad"

Hermes' forlorn face had the beginnings of a smile as he faced the younger twin" Maybe later son"

"So,how was your trip?" Luke asked.

"It was good" he answered,then he faced Percy. His deep blue eyes faced his son,looking at him so intently Percy felt his skin crawling " How's your mother?"

Percy didn't answer,instead chose to sit and serve himself a bowl of spaghetti. He took a fork and began twirling strands of it.

"I'm talking to you" Hermes said.

"She's okay" he answered,barely sparing him a glance " if you don't count the screaming"

"Hmm"Hermes moved and sat opposite,directly facing him. Percy ignored him and took a long slurp of his food" how was your day?"

All these years,and he asks him how his day was, now? The fork he was holding began to crack,its steel form transforming.

"It was fine,I guess" Percy said.

"I tried that trick you taught me dad" Luke said sitting next to his father.

"Really?" Hermes asked beaming at him. Luke nodded vigorously,grinning like a mad man" and how did it go?"

"Sent a group of fifth graders tripping in front of the whole school" Luke said,puffing his chest out.

"Ha ha,that's my boy" Hermes said giving him a high five.