Chapter 23

Flashback( Two years ago)
______________________________________

"Excuse me,can I get one ticket to Illinois please" Percy said to the bored guy behind the glass.

He raised one bored eyebrow then shrugged. Two minutes later Percy walked out of there with a ticket and a very heavy bag,no questions asked, which was a relief.

Bus was arriving in two hours,so he had some time left to finish his drawing.

Sitting on a bench,he took out his drawing book and started leisurely flipping through the pages.

Tridents, lightning bolts, phoenixes , werewolves ,dragons,his mom,his mom again and lastly a red haired woman with warm brown eyes and that kind motherly look she shared with his mom.

Diane Sandler,Aimee's mom.

He remembered how their conversation turned into him drawing her mom.

       ..................

"Who is that?" She asked.

The older twin resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the intrusion of his privacy and decided,for once to try being nice.

"Its my mom" he answered as he smoothened the lines of her cheeks .

"Wow" Aimee breathed and sat next to him.

"Why are you awake?" He asked not looking at her.

"Is there a problem?' She asked.

He almost turned his marker to dust at the annoying question" Yes there's a problem Aimee because I don't want you complaining to me tomorrow about being tired when you could be resting right now"

She obviously didn't pick up on the fact that she was steadily angering him and shrugged" what about you,you don't sleep and you carry most of our stuff. When do you get rest?"

"That doesn't matter" he answered" Just got back to sleep!"

"What if I'm not sleepy?" She asked.

"Then go linger somewhere else!" He growled. To most people,that would have made them back off. But to Aimee the sight of him being all angry was funny to her because she started laughing.

"You're funny when you get all grumpy,your face gets all scrunchy and red" she said in a fit of giggles.

If it had been Luke,Percy would have been dragging him all around the state on his butt. But looking at Aimee and her adorable jingle like laugh,Percy couldn't get angry.

He just sighed and went back to his drawing. Eventually,Aimee caught her breath and decided to go back to breathing down on his neck.

"She's beautiful" she said to him.

"She is"

"What's her name?"

"May Castellan" Percy said,his emotions threatening to go haywire" what's your moms name?"

"Diane Sandler" Aimee said with a sad pout" she was the best mom I could ever ask for"

Percy paused and looked at her.

"Was?"

"Yeah,she died on the same day I knew I was a demigod and on my birthday"

"Oh,I'm really sorry" he replied.

"Its okay"

"H...how did she die?" Percy asked hesitantly. Aimee stiffened at the memory,her eyes beginning to twinkle" Its okay if you don't want to tell me it was stupid of me to ask anyway"