Chapter 14

Watching the Castellan twins work together  was one of the most beautiful things Thalia had ever seen.

She was partially frozen with a smile on her face as Percy sped from one end to the next of Hal's library,picking books and flipping the pages at the speed of light.

While he read and pointed stuff out,Hal handed Luke what Percy said,and the blonde brother mixed them hurriedly and it accurate proportions.

"Alcohol!"

"How much of it?"

"Half the bottle" Per y shouted back before picking another book and flipping the pages. When Thalia looked at his eyes,she gasped.

They were purely white,a result of his irises moving so fast they couldn't be seen. It was amazing.

"Nectar!"

"How much of it?"

"All of it?"

"What?"

"Just do it!"

Luke poured all of it in the glass jar Hal had given him.

"What's next?" Luke asked.

"That's it" Percy said.

"That's it?"

"Well,I have read every book that was on this shelf. There's only one thing missing" Percy said,picking his battery up and walking to the computer.

He pushed the table away and hammered at the electrical outlet exposing a whole rainbow of wires. Then he turned and looked at her,his entire body steaming.

"A catalyst" he said.

"A..a what?" She asked.

"We need something to speed up the reaction" Percy said pointing at the jar of now gooey substance in Luke's hand" which is where you come in"

"Me,how?"

"Lightning" he replied" a well aimed,lightning bolt. Call a blast on the house then focus it on the wires. Let the current travel through your and into the jar"

"What,wait a second" she said.

"We don't have a second,Thalia!" He growled at her while shoving the jar into her hand"can you do it or can't you?"

The fire in his eyes made her feel like she was melting. Who was he to go around commanding her to do stuff? She was the daughter of a King,a princess of the gods! She didn't take orders from anyone and she definitely didn't get shouted at.

She grabbed it and pushed him out of her way then crouched at the wires.

"Step away. I might generate too much power and cause an electrical explosion" she said. 

He didn't move. "Go ahead" he said.

She shrugged and closed her eyes. She sent her will upwards,focusing all her energy  on her Father's domain. She felt the clouds gather and blue dome charged up.

A loud boom came from outside,lightning coming down fast and bright. It struck the roof of the house,making the earth below them rumble and crack. Thalia channeled the electrical currents through the house wires and drew them to herself.

The influx of energy she felt was tremendous. So much that she was even sad that she had to pour it all to the damn jar,but she had to,or else the Leucrotae would have a feast with them.

Her left hand began to vigorously spark as the gooey brown liquid slowly transformed from what would have made her sick on any other day,to what was bright green and promised pain.