Chapter 17

When Percy stopped,Thalia puked her guts out. That was the most horrible feeling she had ever had in her life!

"I thought you didn't throw up when on a rollercoaster?" Percy said.

"That...that was not a rollercoaster!" She howled at him,her skin green and hot. She literally had painful  blisters developing" How is your skin still intact after moving so many times like that?'

Percy looked at himself then his eyes widened like he was actually realizing that for the first time.

"I don know. Maybe my skin is adapted to high speed travel?" He said" No wonder Luke always complained when I sped away with him"

"It hurts...literally" Thalia said holding up her red arm.

"I can see that" Percy said with a bored expression" Now,where is that microscope?" He asked looking around.

"Where are we?" Thalia asked moving around.

"Some Hospital. Didn't look at the name clearly" He said opening one if the glass cabinets" Aha! There you are"

He pulled out a weird gizmo and set it on the table. Then he stretched his arm,which somehow disappeared into thin air and when it re emerged,it had the poison jar in it.

"How do you do that?" Thalia asked.

"Do what?" Percy asked.

"Toss stuff into thin air and pull them out whenever you need them?"

"Oh,Annabeth's mom taught me that" he said"  Its basically manipulating the mist-"

"The what?"

"T..the mist,you know that magical veil that separates the mythological world from the mortal world?" Percy said.

"Oh,that mist"

"Yes,that mist" he replied" So,the mist exists in like,layers,some in the air,some under the earth. To mask monsters or make people see what you want them to see,you have to pull it from the earth. To store your stuff just use the one in the air"

"How?"

"For me,its like I have a locker,with my own combination. When I toss my stuff in there,I imagine myself opening the locker and gently placing them there" He replied.

"Oh,can you teach me?" She asked.

"Later,now I have to analyze this gas" he said shaking the jar.

"What is that?" Thalia asked pointing at the weird gizmo.

"Um,a microscope?" He answered raising his eyebrow at her.

"What does it do?"

"It like a powerful pair of binoculars.  Projects tiny things like cells and stuff but for someone with sharper vision than a human I can theoretically look into what type of structure is has" he said" Just have to figure out how to turn it into liquid form"

"This is what Luke calls Percy nerd mode,cause I understood close to nothing about what you just said" Thalia said. Percy wasn't listening.

"Methods of liquefying gas,no that won't work,nope can't do that' he tapped his chin" what if...no that won't work...oh,I know!"

He set the jar down and then started rotating his arm around it,slowly at first before he started picking up speed.

His hands basically turned invisible as it moved around it,the only evidence of it being there was the blue light hanging on the jar.

"Awesome" Thalia whispered then caught Percy's narrowed eyes" Sorry"

"No, its okay" he said.

"Why does it glow like that?"