Chapter 11

The cursed house was the one that saved his life then. The magic within it that made him painfully cold and slow affected any living thing he came to contact with.

The monster above him realized that a tad bit late. The chilling blue aura around him spread onto it...hooves?...Yeah,those were definitely hooves.

As the aura gripped it,Percy got to have a glimpse of what exactly was pinning him down.

It had the head and body of a lion,it's thick black mane hanging over its skin. Halfway down,the legs turned to massive sharp pointed hooves and for some reason,it had human shaped lips.

He didn't get to inspect it further as the magic around both of them froze it completely. He watched horrified as the blazing red eyes turned white and lifeless. The pin on his chest easened and the monster fell to the side,dead.

A shiver racked Percy's body,whether it was from the cold or the horror engulfing him,or both,the demigod did not know.

"Percy,hurry up" Luke called from above him. Percy desperately clung to the heated thoughts as he pulled himself to his feet.

He partially froze when,upon standing,he met with two other creatures,same as the one frozen beneath his feet.

A second later,he decided not to worry about it. The creatures had seen what had happened to their comrade,and were wary of him.

"Hurry upstairs" one of them said,making Percy gasp.

"Percy,hurry up!" The other one said,making the perfect mimick of Luke's voice. If Percy  had heard it calling from darkness,he would have raced towards it without a second thought.

The demigod slowly made his way upstairs,his teeth rattling with cold at every step he took. The monsters still eyed him warily,making no move whatsoever to attack him. Percy didn't know whether to be horrified at that or to be relieved.

Once he was upstairs,he turned and ran,as best as he could,to the room Luke was frantically beckoning him to. He plunged in,Luke pulling the door shut while Thalia Locked it.

The trio let out sighs of relief.

"We're safe!" Thalia sighed.

"F....fo...for n..now" Percy stuttered.

"Dude,what is up with you?" Luke asked.

"Its the magic of the house"

The three if them turned and faced the sound,and in doing so,they finally got a good look of the room they were in.

The room was divided into two,one side was as neat as a very well taken care of master bedroom. The other side,well it made a horror movie pale considerably in comparison.

It was littered with pieces of armour and weapons,bones that looked disturbingly human with red splattered paint on the wall.

Even Thalia knew that was no paint. It was blood,thick dried up blood. On the far wall was a short entrance,from which one of the creatures from downstairs walked calmly through,looking hungrily at Luke and Thalia.

"This house is cursed" the monster said.

"W...e..well,n...no shit...sh..sher...sherlock" Percy stuttered.

"My name is not Sherlock,its Halcyon Green. But you can call me Hal" the monster said.

"A monster named Ham,now I've seen everything" Luke said.

"Actually,I'm over here" the monster said.

A loud bang sounded from their left,making the demigods jump. Turns out there was another occasion in the room,one who was so quiet he blended in with the walls.