Chapter 16

Two days had gone by since the news of Layla being with child. Contrary to the reaction she had expected from her husband, Xaviar was acting like she hadn't just dropped a bomb shell, like she hadn't informed him of his offspring currently incubating in her womb.
In his words "it wasn't a baby yet, it was just a  fetus" but to Layla, it was her child, hers to love and protect.

Of course, news of her being with child had begun spreading, it takes a minute to gossip after all. These stories originated from the Lucasino estate, the moment she had confronted her husband and broke the news in the presence of the guards and maids they were bound to spread the information. They were also aware of his reaction which made the situation humiliating for Layla.

        Sitting at the dinning table with a bowl of cut fruits in front of her,  Layla sluggishly poked a piece of apple with her fork, even a blind man could tell she had no interest in it as her mind was far gone from her environment.
       after few minutes more of playing with the food, she pushed it aside attempting to make her way to the bedroom, the room she shared with her husband who hadn't slept in it since the news of her being with child.

"Retiring to bed signora" Blanc spoke up, making his presence known.
Layla glanced behind her and gave a short nod to his question.

     Just then the front door is pushed open and Xaviar walks in, her eyes move to him instantly and they hold each other's gaze.

"benvenuto capo"
(welcome boss)  Blac greeted, breaking the couples eye contact, Layla stood glued to her spot as Xaviar took long strides past her. It felt like she hadn't seen her husband in ages.
   Following quietly behind him, she continued her way to the room while Xaviar diverted to his office.

        Rather than collapse on the comfortable matrass she decided on a warm shower. As the warm liquid cascaded on her skin, it felt like little kisses giving her the consultation she desperately needed.
Growning up, Layla had never recorded any symptom or moment of depression, but then Rome wasn't build in a day. A single second could be the start of something and right there under that shower, she could hear those voices, but rather than nagging and fueling her aggressiveness, they felt quieter, like they were empty.

Shutting the water, she wrapped herself up with a towel and exited the bathroom, Xaviar was no were in sight as she walked into the room, he was probably still in his office doing God knows what.
Dashing into the the walk in closet, she walked out in a comfortable night dress to meet a female speaking on the television.

   "Still on the Lucasino Saga, our correspondents have informed us that Layla Lucasino is currently with child for her husband " the blonde haired female spoke, making Layla's ears perk up in attention. Grabbing the remote, she increases the volume.

     "it was also disclosed that Mr Xaviar made his intentions clear on not being ready to be a father, which leaves us wondering if he's suggesting his wife gets an abortion. Also recall that Mr Lucasino has been on the limelight for a while now concerning his alleged affair with a certain model, Sophia Andrews!"

Layla didn't need to listen to what else the female had to say concerning her situation, her anger had been spiked!
Taking angry steps to her husband's office, she couldn't help but wonder why these media persons were so callous and hard headed on respecting boundaries and privacy, but then again it was practically her husband's fault for always giving them something negative to talk about.

     "Xaviar I want to speak with you!"" She yelled outside the closed door

"potresti entrare!"
(you could enter) 

"Do you know what the media are saying about our situation " She announced as she walked in

      "Cos'è quello"
(what's that?) he replied nonchalantly flipping through some document