Chapter 13

I sat unmoving, my mind lost in thoughts as the maids scurried around serving breakfast. I was in no state to eat, in no state to sit comfortably at the dining table of the house my husband owned.
My husband who had turned out to be a rapist, my rapist.

My eyes blinked harshly in a failed attempt to stop the tears that threatened to fall. I couldn't let the servants see me this way, although I had a feeling they had heard me cry many other times.

It's been a week since that night, since the night my husband forced himself on me admist my pleas. The fact he had voiced his disgust over me and maintained he couldn't look at me even in such an intimate moment made a new shiver of grief wash over me.

Which should hurt more??

Being raped by your husband? or knowing he was repulsed by having you naked underneath his body?

My relationship with Xaviar made me realize love isn't enough sometimes, the world had to be wrong for describing love as super glue which sticks two persons together forever. Or maybe mine felt wrong because it was one sidded?

No!

At some point Xaviar loved me in return, it wasn't one sidded. I just wasn't enough to keep him forever.

He hadn't been home for this past week, not once. I didn't care where he had ran off to, I was rather disappointed at the fact that he wasn't man enough to admit his mistake and apologize. His sudden disappearance warmed my heart though, I didn't know how I would be able to face him. A part of me was angry for what he had done and the other half of me felt utterly humiliated.
As much as I wanted to believe I was strong, this situation made me realize how much of a disappointment I was to the female gender. I was weak. I couldn't even pack my things and leave his house.
I stayed even after being disrespected.

My head told me to leave, to go back to my parents or at least inform them my marriage was falling apart but the little stupid piece of my heart held on to hope and love.
Hope that Xaviar would realize he's supposed to love me the way I completely loved him.

"Layla!" Snapping of fingers drew my attention

"Hey Layla!!"

"Uhm.. Y-Ya I can hear you Diego "

"it's been about ten minutes since breakfast was served, you're not eating, just staring " He explained dropping his fork

"oh -I -didn't realize" quietly replying as my eyes cast down to my empty plate waiting to be filled with the varieties of food the chef presented

I heard Diego give off a sigh, standing from his seat he moved over to where I sat. Pity clear in his eyes as he dished me a portion of food to my plate
"eat up Layla, before it gets cold " He give an encouraging smile as I picked up the cutlery

"go on" He persuaded more as I sat there holding the cutlery, staring at the meal

" I've lost my appetite "
Standing abruptly, I pushed my seat back and walked passed Diego who put no effort to stop me

"He's coming home today Layla!" My husband's bestfriend announced

"What?!" That was enough to halt my steps

"Xaviar called to inform his return " He spoke as I placed my gaze on him

"I didn't want it to come as a surprise "

He knew Xaviar's sudden appearance would knock me off track, he just gave me a chance to pull myself together before my husband's arrival.

"Thank you"
He gave a nod in reply and I continued to the master bedroom.