Chapter 3

I was a nervous reck as I stood alongside my father, my arms interlocked in his as we waited behind  the huge doors which barricaded us from the crowd of people who turned up for the wedding.
   yes it was finally the big day!

      My palms suddenly got sweaty and I nervously rubbed it on my dress in an attempt to pull myself together.

     "Everything is going to be perfectly fine sweetie" my father said taking notice of my uneasiness.
   His eyes held so much love for me, I couldn't even begin to imagine how he felt watching his little girl walk into a whole new family.  It must be really hard on him and mom as I was an only child.
   We weren't the richest people around but we were the happiest family because we loved each other. Money isn't everything sometimes.

        The trumpets resounded and the huge doors were pulled open, the underlying music played as my dad led me down the Isle.
I was dressed in a diamond Tulle Lace Illusion wedding dress made from the finest fabrics and contained 150 carats of diamond. A  magnificent antique Victorian Brussels veil covered me from the prying eyes of the congregation.
     Xaviar had totally gone out of his way to give me my very own fairytale wedding.

      My eyes focused ahead and I caught sight of the groom, his always messy hair was carefully held up highlighting his godly face. This fine gentleman would be all mine in just few minutes.

Dad and I finally got to the altar where he handed me over to a smiling Xaviar
   "Sembri così bella dolcezza, non vedo l'ora di portarti a casa"
(you look so beautiful sweetie, I can't wait to take you home). He whispered making me turn bret red, I was immensely grateful for the veil as the crowed couldn't see how I red he had made me become.

     "Dearly beloved......"

The priest begun before I tuned him out so fixed in my thoughts. I stared at the man who looked adoringly at me, this man had been my life and source of strength for the past two years of our relationship and I couldn't ask for better. I was undoubtedly excited I would get to spend the rest of my life with him because in the deepest part of my heart I knew and believed he was my soulmate. If I ever lost him It would be a deadly and drastic situation but I don't ever think too much about it as I knew that day would never come. Xaviar Lucasino was now mine to love and keep forever and I would make sure of it. I had given this man every part of me and never once did I ever regret it.

       "tesoro!" He whispered nudging me back to reality

     "huh?"

"Exchange the wedding bands and say these marital vows after me " the officiating priest said

     we did as we told, exchanging the bands and speaking the vows.

     "By the power vested in me from the most high. I pronounce you Man and wife!" He said looking at us
  "You may kiss the bride"

   Xaviar stepped closer to me, his hands holding my veil and carefully raising it, finally exposing my face to the environment.
   His eyes shone in totally adoration and a smile played on his lips, his fingers brushed my lips slightly before claiming it in a kiss

      applaudes and cheers resounded from the congregation, the kiss coming to a quick end. By now I couldn't help the full smile that decorated my face as I looked at the crowd of happy faces and paparazzi who came to share in our joy.

    "I love you forever Layla. Never forget that " placing a kiss to my head, he lead me out as Mrs Lucasino.

        The wedding party followed right after in a secluded area which was strictly based on invitation.
Given the type of business the Lucasino's were into, they couldn't accept porosity to avoid future regrets.