Chapter 10

A smile lingered on her lips as her fingertips glazed over the soft lace fabric her magnificent dress was made of, every piece of her body ached to welcome this masterpiece. She moved to feel the diamonds that decorated the neckline and the side slit. Kay was right, this dress would look breathtaking on her, this would sure as hell win Xaviar's attention back in both their opinions.

       She moved gracefully to the bathroom for a bath, pouring in her scented oil into the tub of warm water, Layla dipped herself in. Her smooth skin welcomed the steamy feeling that came along with the liquid. A certain sensation ran through her bones, one she hadn't felt in a while. It felt like her husband's fingertips glazed through her skin but that was the effect from the warm water.
   she relaxed more into the tub, straightening herself as her bones relaxed in, the worries and stress of this last months long forgotten.

        Two month ago, Mrs Lucasino had packed up her bags all ready to walk out of the life she had always wished for.

Okay let's rephrase

She was ready to walk away from a horrible version of the life she had always wished for but her rescue mission was cut short when her  lunatic husband intervened.

     After the unpleasant experience that day, whatever plans she had of escaping was thrown out of the windows and Layla decided on taking a brave step, she decided on making her marriage work no matter it's cost.
  Each day she would wake up with a will and purpose, a purpose to steer clear of Xaviar and avoid triggering his aggressive side that is until she finds a way to fix it. So far she was doing excellently well.

      Diego and Xaviar's friendship however had a strain ever since that day, Diego saw his friend in a new light, one he had failed to see over these years. He couldn't understand how he failed to see the sickening glint that shone in Xaviar's eyes each time he pulled the trigger ending someone's life. If he had seen these signs sooner he would never have let Layla get involved in this sham of a marriage.

          Two days after the tragic incident, Diego paid Layla a visit while her husband was busy at work . What he saw that day could never be erased  from his memory. Layla looked like a shell of herself. Marks decorated her once beautiful skin, a busted lip and hand marks on her face were just few on the list. The way she crunched even while sitting on the sofa was enough to let him know some important bones were broken.
He wasted no time in calling over the family doctor who came in as soon as he could. Layla considered Diego her guardian angel, if he hadn't come when he did she had her doubts Xaviar would have called for help. Maybe she wouldn't be in this tub right now, lip healed, marks gone and bones doing great.

    Her bestfriend Kay wasn't thrilled with the news either. She made her point very clear to Layla on her disapproval to staying with a man like Xaviar. In her words
"Xaviar deserves to be alone"

Layla on her part was too hot headed to see reality, she was suddenly so keen on making her marriage work. As the saying goes -if you can't beat them, you join them. That was exactly what Kay did. Since she couldn't convince Layla on the latter, she decided to support her. It was at that moment the females decided on getting this magnificent piece of clothing, to remind Xaviar of the queen he was married to.

        A gala was being held at this particular time every year, it was some sort of tradition for the elites in the society. prestigious persons from all around would grace the occasion which meant the Lucasino's would most definitely make an appearance, that was what the beautiful black lace sideslit dress was gotten for.
  Layla would surely steal the night dressed in that, media houses would carry stories on the Lucasino family and Layla would use it as an opportunity to remind her husband what he had. Everything was perfectly planned out, she would be killing three birds with one stone.