Chapter 8

"come on Layla, think of it as a break" Kay pleaded for the umpteenth time trailing right behind me as I made my way to seat on the couch at the living room. My eyes went to the large glass window that serve as doors to the Terrace and I caught sight of tree branches which moved in sync to the evening breeze

"I don't want to."

"You need a break at this point and this is perfect." She pushed on

my bestfriend had been the only one I had confided in telling the unusual relationship between Xaviar and I. I couldn't go to my parents with such a story. I didn't want to bother them with my problems also because I didn't want them to make a fuss over it and demand I get a divorce. Leaving Xaviar was the last thing on my mind.

"Layla, just think about it" pulling my hand she halted my steps

I took a deep breath staring at her pleading eyes

" it'll also give you the chance of trying out your new ride " a smile curved on our lips immediately as she said this

"I'm in!" I finally gave in to her persuasion. Since Xaviar had gifted me the million dollar car, I haven't had a moment to test it out as I had no where important to go to.

We had been coexsisting nicely since his apology. He came home on time and would inform me if anything would make him stay back. He hadn't yelled at me the whole week and things seemed to be gradually going back to normal.

"anything to wear or should I get you stuffs from mine?" Kay questioned as we diverted and went to the kitchen instead

"Are you kidding me?? I'm Layla freaking Lucasino. I've got a whole boutique in my closet " I laughed

"periodttt Mrs billionaire" my bestfriend was a hype queen

We got some cupcakes that were freshly baked and made our way back to the living room. After a while of playing around, Kay announced her departure but she would be back in an hour for us to get ready prior to the plans we had for our boring Friday night.

Time flew by quickly having nothing important to do. I had retired to our bedroom and currently lay staring at the ceiling.
It would have been nice if Xaviar allowed me to get a job as I always wanted but my husband was totally against the idea of his wife working for anyone. He believed I deserved to live the life of a queen. Luxuries all around without stressing myself to get it.
I had intended on pursuing my career in marketing and financial management but it had to be placed on hold till I succeeded on persuading Xaviar and erasing whatever negative perspective he had of females being career driven.

I glanced at the clock and it read 8pm I shook my head in disappointment as Kay still hadn't returned. An hour was two hours ago and she was yet to be here. That girl had a habit of always being late. That was when I realized Xaviar wasn't home and I was yet to hear from him. I picked up my cell phone, dialing his number the call was cut short as he was on another call. I decided to leave him a text instead.

"I'll be out with Kay tonight.
See you when I get back!
Love you babe ❤️ "

it was short but straight to the point. After getting the text across, I headed for a quick shower before Kay arrives.

Few minutes in the shower and I heard a knock to the door
"hurry up Layla. We should be leaving soon!" I heard my bestfriend yell from my room.

The nerve of that female always baffled me. For someone who got here two hours late she was quite bold to ask me to hurry up.

Ignoring her words I continued doing my business and exited moments later.