Chapter 4

These past two weeks as Mrs Lucasino had been quite uneventful. I rarely saw my husband talk more of spend time with him. I would wake up every morning to an empty bed, it was either he had already left for work or I'd meet him having breakfast ready to leave and at night before he comes home I'm already fast asleep.
I should have known it would be this way given the sort of business my husband was into. It was breaking my heart. We were supposed to be on our honeymoon but that too had to be canceled because something very important was going on with the Lucasino mafia empire.

Apart from the issue of Xaviar and I spending less time together, my stay at our three storey mansion had been okay.
The only thing that made our home less lonely were the maids and guard who were littered around at my disposal.

This morning like all other days I had woken up alone to an empty bed. Rather than starting my day and going down for breakfast, I remained in the room. I was already getting tired of the whole boring routine.

A knock on the door disturb the peaceful silence I had been enjoying in the master bedroom
"Yes!"

The door opens and a brown haired female around 5'5 who looked to be in her teens walked in. She seemed new, I hadn't seen her here in these past two weeks.

"Ma'am lunch is ready" She said totally avoiding my gaze with her eyes permanently stuck on the floor like there was something interesting about it.

"Did Xaviar instruct you to keep your eyes down when speaking with me??"

"Wh-hat?- n-no ma'am" She stuttered

with the way she was behaving around me I was beginning to think I had transformed to some sort of beast

"Then what's with all the eyes down and stuttering??"

"I'm sor-ry"

"please stop. I'm just 21. All these formalities aren't necessary "

I saw a small smile make its way to her face at the end of my sentence and she finally met my gaze

"I'll be down shortly for lunch "

"okay ma'am" She said before exiting the room.

Two minutes later, I pulled my lazy self off the bed and headed to the bathroom for a shower.
Steam had fogged the mirror by the time I was done with my bath.
Moving to the walk in closet, I settled for a mini halter neck dress. Holding my hair up in a messily loosed ponytail, I gave myself a final look in the mirror before making my way to the dinning area

The moment I stepped out of my room, my guard followed right behind me
"Buon pomeriggio signora"
(Good afternoon ma'am)

"Good afternoon Blanc, how re you today?"I asked turning to offer him a smile. In my opinion,Blanc was a stiff male. No smiles no laughter just a permanent frown. He had no sense of humor but I guess that was expected from him.

He pulled the chair out for me and I whispered a thank you before sitting. The maids made their way out bringing the different dishes to the table.
For an antipasto dish, Bruschetta which has grilled bread topped with veggies, rubbed garlic and tomato mix was served alongside spaghetti alla puttanesca which is the main dish.
Few minutes later, having less of an appetite I ate little portions of the delicious food and exited the dinning room.

I was awakened suddenly by loud knocks at the door. I must have drifted off to sleep in the media room while watching Titanic. The story of Jack and Rose's sad love story on the Titanic ship was something I could never get tired of watching, coupled with the fact that I had a crush on Leonardo Dicaprio while growing up. I was totally infatuated with it as I wanted that sort of love except the dying part though. It must have been really hard on Rose watching a man she loved die and getting to live without him. That part always made me a crying mess.