Chapter 12

"mhmmm" I moaned out at faint sounds that invaded my ears

      it sounded like someone was pulling down a building from miles away

    "Layla! Open the darn door!!!!"

That voice sounded so familiar but I didn't know where I had heard it from.

        "LAYLA!! WAKE THE FUCK UP!!"

My eyes fluttered open immediately from how loud my door was banged.

         "Layla!!!" Xaviar called out again

"I'm coming" my voice coming out lesser than expected as I groggily made my way to the door.

     "What do you want Xaviar??" I asked as the door opened.

I was welcomed by his addictive Cologne, he always smelled so good. His hair was neatly gelled back and he was dressed in an Armani suit. He was all ready to head to work.

      "I've been knocking for a while " his face held a frown

    "I was asleep.. It's like 6 in the morning "

    "it's 7 actually"

    "and why are you still here???!" I questioned, It was so unlike him.

  He didn't reply to my question, rather his eyes raked through me, taking in all my shameful features.

    I could help but rub my eyes with the back of my hands at this point. I knew I looked like shit, damn I felt like one. My eyes stung from all the crying I had done last night and I guessed it was obviously puffy. I was also pretty sure my hair was sticking out in different directions but I didn't care.
     It's not like it mattered to my husband anyways, he had a mistress now.

         clearing his throat he begun again rather harshly
"you have to attend a public function today with my mom and sist- -"

      "What??? Why" I interrupted

   "my publicist says it'll calm down the situation "

I understood what he was talking about.
"How can making an appearance with your family fix the issue with your mistress Xaviar??? You won't even be at the function "

        "Shut the fuck up and listen " his hands grabbed the sides of my face roughly

       I wandered how he was unaffected by my morning breath.

       "You will attend the function, say nice things to the press and play the role of a happy wife, got it?" He stressed every word to which I gave a nod

      "Perfetto"
(perfect) he said with a smirk before letting go of my face.

       "Blanc will get you the necessary things you need, designers or whatever "

          "okay" I hurriedly replied to get away from him

    "Also, I want you back to the master bedroom, enough with your charade " He added before walking away. Obviously headed to work.

       The preparation for the function was quite fast, it appears Xaviar had stylist and designers come over to help me get ready, probably because he wanted it to turn out perfect and not in shambles.

       "Thank you" I offered Blanc a smile as I alight the Bentley Mulsanne. He shut the door and followed right behind me.

  with every click my Louis Vuitton Python Eyeline Pointed Toe Pumps made against the ground, my heart beat accelerated as I made my way to the front door of the family I hated most - The Lucasinos.