Cursed

Tanjiro arrived at the Butterfly Mansion at noon. He went straight to find Aoi who was in the medical ward. "Aoi-san." He greeted. "Hello, Kamado-san. What can I do for you?" She asked politely. "I'm here to pick up my uniform. It's Medium size with a black and green checkered haori." He described. "Oh! Gimme a second."

She disappeared into a room ND reappeared with his uniform. "The changing room is down the hall to your left." He pointed. "Thank you. And where can I find Nezuko or Kocho-sama?"

"All the way down into the dojo then turn right. That's where the Hashira and her Tsugoku usually sleep."

"Thanks again. Hope to see you on the battlefield sometime!" He cheered. "Nope, I'm too much of a coward for that. I passed my selection very early but... I can't kill demons I guess."

"Well... I'll kill them for you. I'll carry your emotions to the battlefield. When I fight, you'll be fighting with me."  He offered. Aoi looked upon the young man before her that dominated in height and stature. A tsudere-esque blush crept up on her face. "O-ok. T-thank you." She accepted.

Tanjiro left silently after giving her a gentle pat on the head. He changed into his uniform and bathed in the fact he kill demons for a living now.

He continued walking until he found Shinobu Kocho. The Insect Hashira. "Hello? Shinobu-sama--."

"Here to remove your sister from my under my wing? Hmm?" She accused. "No. Is there a reason I should?" He queried suspiciously. "So... You don't know. Might as well keep it to myself then."

She rose from her chair and made it to the door, when Tanjiro grabbed her by the hand firmly.

"Release me this instant." She ordered.

"If there is a reason my sister is in unnecessary danger because of you... I. Must. Know." He seethed in reply. "... Fine. Come with me."

She led him outside to where too graves where two graves rested. "This one belongs to my elder sister, the former Master of The Butterfly Mansion and my teacher. Her name was Kanae Kocho." She noted sadly. "And beside her... Is my student, our little sister, Kanao Tsuyuri."

"What happened to them?"

"Kanae died to the Upper Rank 2. Kanao a year ago... during Final Selection. A powerful demon and infiltrated somehow. She saved everyone at the cost of her life. So you see, it is evidence I am cursed. I understand if you want to remove her from the Mansion-."

Tanjiro placed his finger on her mouth. "It's not your fault. Okay?" He countered softly. "B-but... If I wasn't as weak... They would've been alive!" She regretted.

"The Upper Rank 2 killed Kanae. Not you. A Demon killed Kanao. Not you. You need to understand that people die! You need to understand that you can't always save the people you love."

"..."

"To take away Nezuko from you would be a massive disrespect to both your training and her strength. She held her own during Final Selection. I believe in her. And now, I believe in you." Tanjiro's words left Shinobu in a daze. He took the opportunity to depart and search for his sister.

Shinobu, for all her life, blamed herself for alot of things. For the way she and her sister were disowned. For her sisters' deaths. For the deaths of many put under her command and for a myriad of things. Even though she could confide in the other Hashira, she felt as if she had to carry everything alone.

Well, as you can see, that is about to change.

She took sometime to mourn her fallen sisters then returned to her room. Her hands trailer along the wooden desk which she had erected not too long ago. On the wall was a painting. She was younger at that time. Her eyes were filled with emptiness. But atleast she had people to fill the void. Though Nezuko was her student, she didn't try to bond with her for fear she would suffer the same heartbreak.

Maybe she could chance that.

She left her room and journeyed to Nezuko's room. She noticed the door was half open so she stood at the door post.

"How do you like he uniform?" Tanjiro queried. "It's... Nice."

She used her Kimono as her Haori

She used her Kimono as her Haori. It really suited her. Speaking of uniforms, she was basically drinking how Tanjiro looked in his.

 Speaking of uniforms, she was basically drinking how Tanjiro looked in his

She couldn't help but noticed that he towered her despite being 16, while she was 18. His toned body was common among all the Hunters but what stood out was how gentle he seemed. Newly commissioned Hunters are terrified of Hashira, even if you were related to one.

He showed no fear or nervousness. He was calm. She like that. "What color do you think your sword will be?" "I want it to be pink or green."

"And what do you think about your Master?" Shinobu peeked at hearing this. Nezuko smiled. "She reminds me of mom but in a sister kind of way. She always patient and never got angry. I really think she's my version of Kyojuro-san." She answered.

Tanjiro looked through the gap of the door and said, "Did she tell you about her siblings?"

"Yes. It is very unfortunate. But Kanae was fighting an upper rank so I understand. And Kanao died saving others, so I think Shinobu-sama should be very proud."

"I think so too."

He was looking right at her. He was proving her wrong. He was helping to mend her broken heart. "I got to get going so imma head out. Bye." He exited while Nezuko waved.

Shinobu tried to escape down the hall but Tanjiro held her by the arm and turned her around. "See. Now stop feeling sorry for yourself." He said calmly. "H-how do I know that wasn't staged?" She queried nervously. Tanjiro smiled and placed his hand on her head.

"Why would I dare lie to a Hashira."

Words 1009

Posted 24/5/2021