Dancing in the Dark

A few minutes before sunset, everyone who he had invited had arrived. Tanjiro set up the poles and lit the fires.

"I'll be right back." He said leaving.

Shinobu then began playing with Ruka who she had in hand. "Master, who's baby is that?" Nezuko asked, breaking the silence.

"Tanji-kun and I found her prior to Natagumo. I became her mother and Tanji-Kun became her father." She answered. "Your relationship seems to advance beyond just friends." Kyojuro hinted.

"The very night before we began a courtship. This baby just sealed the deal."

"Congratulations, Kocho-san. I will pray for the child's health." Said Himejima. "What's her name?" Queried Mitsuri.

"Ruka."

Kyojuro's eyes widened and a smile appeared on his face. "Ruka, huh? That boy really knows how to reach someone's heart." As he said that, Tanjiro appeared in the traditional fiery garbs and his face entirely covered. "Tengen-sama, this boy is giving you a run for your money." Makio joked. "Yes, he do be looking flamboyantly drip." Tengen nodded in respect.

When the sun dipped below the mountains, the dance commenced

They watched in awe as all but 1 of the forms were looped endlessly and effortlessly. In certain parts, they felt the heat all the way to the core. Even Kyojuro was in awe and the energy being released.

For Kyojuro Rengoku, as the Flame Hashira, fire is like breathing to him; literally. But even he could not comprehend this... As Uzui would put it, this flamboyant irradiation.

It was like... The Sun came to earth in a human form. Now he understood why Okayata-sama was so delighted to hear its return.

This was the original breath. The Breath Of Sun. Muichiro, the Mist Hashira, a connection with the dance. As if he had known it in the past. The cold depths of his heart were warming as the dance progressed.

Halfway through the dance, the rod being held began to give off an orange glow. No one was sleeping. Their eyes were fixated upon the display of bodily prowess. Aoi for one was entranced in how he fluently he glided through the air. With each repetition, she couldn't help but daydream about him being all hers. Unfortunately, she missed her chance to make it a reality since Shinobu already tied the not; loosely if were being honest. She didn't want to disrespect her Master but her heart was set on one man. Tanjiro Kamado.

2 hours before sunrise, something speculator happened. An extra move was added. It was reminiscent ofo a flying kick. It added a level of drama to the already expressive dance. Alas, it soon came to an end as the sun peeked its cosmic face. At the very climax of the dance, he began moving more aggressively, then he spat fire in his last repetition. He then stabbed the sai in the ground and got on his knees and prayed silently. He clapped his hands, retrieved the sai and disappeared like ashes blowing in the wind.

The dance is complete. The Hashira Of Ash has solidified his place among the pillars.

Words 521

Posted 30/5/2021

Sorry for small chapter. I didn't know how to make this full length.