He Lives

Doma and Ume were made to kneel with their hands up with nichirin blades pressed to their necks. "Now, what were you doing with him!?" Kyojuro shouted.

"After I brought Tanjiro's body to Muzan, he was in a state of hibernation using his breathing,"  Doma answered. "Continue!"

"He was made... Into a demon; partially. He has the healing and the malice but none of the nasty stuff." He added. "And how were you able to survive the sun?"

"I stole Muzan's notes. I found a flower and we gained the ability to stand in the light but lost our ability to gain power and energy from blood. Were forced to sleep like humans."

"Hmm... And why should I keep you alive!?"

"I have information and a deal with  Tanjiro-san. We swore our loyalty to him. Me, my wife and Ume."

Kyojuro sighed. "Mhm."

He walked over to the bed where Tanjiro's body rested. "What did they tell you?" Asked Tengen. "He's half-demon. Those two claimed to have sworn loyalty to him." He replied. "I don't believe them," Muichiro commented. "None of us does," Shinobu confirmed, giving a suspicious glance.

"Muzan? This is odd. Usually, you tie me down first."

"T-tanjiro-kun," Shinobu called. "What will it be you bastard? You haven't cut me open in a long time! My eyes? Pancreas? Have your pick! I'm waiting!" He exclaimed. "Tanjiro. You're home." Kyojuro said shaking him.

Tanjiro grabbed back and gave a deathly stare. "C'mon! Stop teasing me! I hate this so get it over with. Slice me open and be done..."

"What did he do to him!?" Uzui shouted at the demons. "Oh, Muzan used him as an experiment. He would slice him open regularly and study him. Some real crazy stuff." Ume answered. "Oh, dear. My poor Tanjiro."

His eyes became more focused. "Oh. He's not here. That's good." He sighed. "Tanjiro. Do you remember who I am?" She asked. "My beautiful butterfly."

Tears formed in her eyes. That soft look in his eyes was so refreshing. "I remember... Everything..." He sobbed. "Heh! I thought it would never stop! I... Wanted to scream. AND HOW WEAK WOULD I BE! I wouldn't be weak, I'd be human. I'm not human! Am I?" His tone shifted from vulnerable to hardened at the flip of a coin. As if his human nature and demonic tendencies were in a clash.

"Where's Doma and Ume?" He asked, looking at Kyojuro. "They're over there."

"Don't kill them. They have my trust and a have their loyalty. And a few gifts." He said. "Tanjiro! He's the one that killed my sister. You can't expect me to shrug that off."

"I didn't kill Kanae! She's just sleeping." He protested. "Excuse me?"

"Let me stand and I'll show her to you." He said. "No, tell me where she is first." Shinobu chimed. "She resting inside me... That sounds so wrong."

"Shinobu-chan. He's telling the truth. I mean, why won't wouldn't he!? I'd kill him if he wasn't, heh. Just trust him." It was evident Tanjiro has developed a split personality to cope with his experience.

"Stand."

Doma rose and a mass of blue and pink emerged. A woman stood in front of him. He wrapped his arms around her. "See, I wouldn't dare kill... My wife."

"Shinobu-chan! Hey. I'm so sorry for not coming b-"

Immediately Kanae was attacked in a massive hug. "I thought you... I..."

"You thought wrong, dear sister. Doma saved me. At first, I was apprehensive, but he's a really nice person. But he's still an ass."

"Hey!"

"Shut the fuck up, fuckboy." She spat. Now they remember where Shinobu got her nasty mouth from. "So, what did I miss?"

"Oh, Kanao's dead, I have a husband who came back to life and two children." She replied. "Hol up. I remember Ruka, I don't remember you being pregnant." Tanjiro remarked. Shinobu bit her lip. "I was going to tell you after you returned from the Mugen Train. But... you didn't. Two months ago I gave birth to my... our son."

"So... I not only missed Ruka's first steps and words... but the birth of my son? WELL ISNT THAT JUST PRIME! I guess now I have another reason to kill that bastard... What's his name."

"Tanshiro."

"Eh? Close enough to what I wanted. Well, I'd want to meet him but we have important news to share. Call an emergency meeting."

Hashira meeting haveth been summoned

Okayata was brought out. "Kyojuro, is there a purpose for this meeting?" He asked. "Over the years, we've lost many demon slayers. Over 10 years, we lost 3. 1 to retirement, and 2 to death." He started. "I am very well aware."

"Today, we now know we were wrong. Kanae Kocho and Tanjiro Kamado are not dead." He added with his head high. "And where are they?"

"Right here, Master!"

They both walked out in clear daylight with Doma and Daki behind them. "You don't think I'd die so easily? Oh no, it would seem God doesn't want me in heaven and the devil doesn't want me in hell. So here I am!"

"Good afternoon everyone. I'm sorry for not coming back sooner!" Kanae apologized. "Kanae? Tanjiro? I'm glad you've returned." Okayata sigh with relief. "Heh... I'd rather be dead if I'm being honest. That vile creature took away half of my humanity and made me one of them."

In an instant, Tanjiro saw a flash of black and white. Then a blade coming for Doma. His eyes shifted and pinned Obanai to the ground. "Why are you with Demons, Kamado," Obanai asked. "That's none of your business. Just know they'll be the first Demon Demon Slayers."

"That's treason!"

"If you have a problem then fuck the hell of before I get mad."

Okayata sighed. "Poor child. What did he do to you?"

"The usual. He'd do surgery while I was awake to study the internal organs while at work. I pissed him off a lot so no drugs... It was agony but I didn't crack! I may have been mentally scarred but what the hell. I'm alive arent I?" He proclaimed like a mad man. "Imagine, your body ripped open every few days. You survive because he made you half a monster. Your humanity fighting the bloodlust... WHAT FUN! It is quite evident God is not on my side! I'm not going to the blissful heaven nor the depths of raging Avicii! I'll waste away in the land of MU for what the man did to me. But that's enough of my babbling I suppose." He heaved from his lips. 

"My poor child."

"There's nothing poor about me sir. I've never been better. I may have missed out on a lot of time with my family... but I'm here now. And..."

"What is it?"

"I declare war."

Words 1135

Posted 6/10/2021