Waking Up

Tanjiro's eyes shot open as he laid on the chair. He felt his hand was tied and saw his brother choking the life out of a little girl. Everyone was sleeping.

"Well damn. Get more rest, they said. You need the sleep, they said." He whined. He saw that everyone was tied to some children. He cut the ropes and slowly they woke up. "W-w-what happened! I was just about to marry Tokito-sama." Kyoka whimpered. Everyone simply deadpanned. "I... So... We will never speak of this."

"So you have a femboy fetish. Good to know. Anyway, what the hell happened?" Tanjiro queried. "After the tickets were clipped, you fell asleep. It must be a blood demon art." Rengoku stated. "I saw a kid in my dream. Wait... Why were these people tied to us!?" Zenitsu asked frantically.

They began waking up to a horrific sight. "We're you the one that put me in that dream!?" "Eeee."

One of the girls fell to the ground and began scampering away. "Answer. The. Question. DID YOU DO IT!"

"Yes! I'm sorry, please don't hurt me!" She confessed. "Hold them down." He ordered. His students held the others in place as he drew his charred blade. "So, who asked you to do it, little girl?" He questioned. "I-I won't tell you... I won't!" She shouted. "Mhm. Sure."

He brought his sword down on her leg. Her cries of pain caused tears to spring in the eyes of her accomplice. "M-master. Is that really-." Zenitsu's attempt at mercy was cut short. "Shut the hell up."

"Now, let me ask again. Who made you do this!"

"I won't tell!"

He picked her up by the throat and slammed her frail body into the floor. "Master, please! She's had enough!" Kyoka pleaded. "No. She hasn't."

They all wondered why and how their master, such a kind soul, became so... Sadistic. "Y'know... In my dream. They were alive. All of them were alive and well. I had two Suns with a daughter on the way. My family was resurrected. I got to see my mother... But... I know it wasn't real. Now, I need to know which son of a bitch made me go through that! I will not be manipulated! Never!"

He grabbed her again by the throat and began squeezing. "Ack-- ahhh-gugh!"

She felt the life being drained from her body as his large hand constricted her airway. "Stop! I'll tell you!" One of the others shouted. "Good. At least you have sense."

"It... It was a demon. He said he was rank 1 or something like that. His name is enmu. He makes us dream the best dreams ever. It was like a drug!" He explained. "I see."

"Y'know. When I found your spiritual core, it was so... Dark. It was a burning forest being doused by rain. But for some reason, your spirit leads me to the core. Why?"

"Because I do not fear death. In fact, I welcome it. I want to die, but I will protect the weak first. Now, tell me how he makes you dream."

"His hand has an eye. When you look at it, it makes you sleep."

"I see. Kyoka! We're going hunting." He swerved his mask on. "Kyojuro, no one on this train will die tonight. Do you hear me?"

"That's right!"

"If you get put to sleep, just take your life. Works like a charm." He added. "You are a sick bastard, y'know that. Tanjiro Kamado." Rengoku insulted. "That's who I am, Kyojuro Rengoku."

He and Kyoka both made their way to the top of the train. There they saw a strange man. He smelled like a demon. Even though Tanjiro's nose wasn't as sharp as it was years ago, he could tell. It smelled just like the scent from years ago when he lost his sharper nose. This was the smell of Muzan.  "Oh, you are awake, how surprising."

"Yeah yeah. Imma kill you now so shut up."

"Quite rude. I didn't even get to introduce myself. I'm Enmu, Lower Rank 1. I'm here to fe-"

"Breath Of Ash! Sixth Form!"

Tanjiro has no time for introductions. "H-hey! Sleep." Enmu whispered. It had no effect as Tanjiro's quick movements cleaved Enmu's head off. "Ahaha, you didn't let me finish you bastard." He laughed. "How...?"

Enmu head began growing from a long tendril of flesh. "Kuku. While you were dreaming, I fused my entire being with this train! This leaves all those captives inside as meals. And it's a shame your friends are sleeping again. He."

Tanjiro thoughts: HE could be bluffing meaning he hasn't bonded with the train or that the others are awake. Or he could be telling the complete truth and I'd waste my time going to check! Damn it.

Suddenly the train began excreating a disgusting fleshy coating that engulfed most of it. "Ewww!" Kyoka cringed. The Demon 'head' disappeared. "Master, what do we do!?"

"Find the head."

"But what about Rengoku-sama and the others!?"

Suddenly the train lifted into the air as if an explosion had occurred. "They'll be quite fine."

They pressed on until they found the engine room. "H-hey! You can't be here!" Said the coal shoveler. "Kyoka, can you hear its heartbeat?" He queried. "It's directly below us."

"Hmm, get this man inside. I'll take care of the rest." Tanjiro ordered. "Are you sure?"

"You are more useful inside. This train has about 8 cars. Kyojuro can handle 5. Inosuke and Zenitsu can handle 1 can each. Now go!"

Kyoka nodded, took the man and leapt away. Suddenly the engine blew open and festered with the same repugnant flesh. "Great. At least I can have a bit of fun!" He gushed brightly.

Tentacles flew from every direction but were cut with a single slice. "I have to expose it!"

He stuck his sword where he thought the bone would be and left it. The demon wouldn't swallow it for fear of injuring itself. Tanjiro began running around, using his bare hands to block the tentacles and drew small kunai knives with three prongs. He sliced without mercy and climbed the column of flesh protruding from the train. He then jumped down and shouted, "Ash Breathing! Eight Form: Gouken's Vestige!"

He axe kicked his foot hard enough to lift the entire train of the rails and slice the demon neck. He retrieved his sword and helped evacuate the passengers. Then he met up with his team.

"You are all looking well... except for you." He said, pointing at Kyoka who was bleeding. "That guy stabbed me. It hurts a little but I'll--"

She keeled over and fell on the floor. "I stand corrected."

"Focus your breathing. Use the knowledge I imparted to you." He instructed. He performed Concentration Breathing Constant. "Good, find the vein."

She groaned. "Do you see it?"

"Yes"

"good, now close it."

"How?"

"It's your body. You command it."

She tried harder and the bleeding ceased. "Good girl. You are one step closer to being a Hashira. ONe out of 10,000 that is."

Suddenly an explosion in the distance alerted the group. It was another demon. Its eyes said:

UPPER RANK 3

The Ash Hashira and the Flame Hashira team up.