08 - Date

It was Friday night and Jack met Becky at the Sky Deck for their date. As the two ate, they heard horn blowing from another ship.

The two looked over to the ship as the sailed passed it.

"Oh, look, another ship," Becky said. 

Jack turned around on his seat to look, but he can barely see the ship.

"Aren't the lights pretty? Can you see them?" Becky asked.

"Barely," Jack said, squinting his eyes.

"Here, let me help you," Becky said.

She took Jack to the railing and picked him.

"Um, Becky?"

"Yes, Jack?"

"Can you put me down please?" he said.

"Oh, yeah," she said, letting him down.

"Thanks," Jack said, adjusting his shirt.

A small smile appeared on his face as he saw the lights. He hadn't seen lights like those since getting on the ship. His smile disappeared for a moment remembering New York and his friends.

Was it really a good idea for him to leave New York? If he hadn't left, he would be in the loop of what's going on. He would know what's going on. He wouldn't feel so... alone.

Or was he better off on the cruise ship? None of his friends were contacting him. If they cared enough, like he did, they would text him or call him, right? Maybe he was better off on the ship then back home.

"Are you okay, Jack?" Becky asked, noticing the change of mood.

"Mm? Yeah, I'm fine," he lied. "You were right, Becky. The lights are pretty."

"Jack..." Becky said, "did I do -"

"Oh, no, you didn't do anything," Jack quickly said. "It's not! I promise."

Becky sighed in relief.

"There is something I've been wanting to tell you," Becky said.

"Yeah?" Jack said, raising an eyebrow fearfully.

Jack followed her back to their table.

"I have a big wrestling match this weekend," Becky said. "We're taking on a visiting team from Ukraine."

"Yeah?"

"And I want you to be there cheering me on," Becky said. "You will come, right?"

"Uh, y - yeah, of course," Jack said. "I'll definitely be there, Becky."

"Great," she said, happily. "Oh, which reminds me," she pulled out a folded piece of paper and handed it to Jack, "I signed you up to bring the team snack."

"The team snack?" Jack repeated. "What the hell am I suppose to bring?"

"It's all in the paper," she said, pointing at the paper that she handed to him.

"Oh," he said, looking down at it and unfolding it.

"I'm going to the little girls room," she said. "Will you miss me?" she gave him a stare.

Jack looked up.

"Yeah, of course, I will," Jack assured her. "I'll be sitting right here," he placed his hand on his chair, "waiting trying not to forget you and your beauty.

"Okay," she giggled. "Bye."

He raised his eyebrows and smiled at her as she walked away.

He sighed as he sat down.