15 - Parents on Deck

It was mail day and all the students rushed to the check in area for their mail

By the time Jack got there, everyone had grabbed their mail and were opening it excitedly to see what their families had sent them.

Jack knew that Matt and his family had sent him something.

There were two boxes.

"Hey, Jack, you've got a box from Matt and his family," Bailey said, handing the box to Jack.

"Thanks," Jack smiled.

"Hey, man, you got a letter too," Evan said, picking up the letter.

"Huh," Jack said, puzzled, "that's weird. The Taylors letter is always inside the box."

"It says it's from Daniel Anderson," Evan read the names from the envelope.

"My dad," Jack said stunned.

Everyone looked at Jack.

He took the letter from Evan and opened it up.

"What does it say?" Zack asked.

"You okay, Jack?" Cody asked, concerned.

"Yeah, yeah," he lied. "I'm... fine."

Jack read the letter.

It said:

Dear Jack,

Your mother and I are currently in Italy. From what we know and were told by Harrison Taylor, that is the S.S Tipton's next stop.

Due to that, we will be coming on deck during your time in Italy to see you and meet your new... friends.

See you in Italy,

Your father, Daniel Anderson

"Jack?" Bailey said softly.

"Are you okay?" Marcus asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," he looked up.

Evan looked over Jack's shoulder and read the letter.

"Your parents are in Italy," Evan said quietly.

"Later," Jack whispered.

"'Kay."

Evan knew about Jack's relationship with his parents. It wasn't the best.

Jack never had a proper relationship with his mother and father. They were too busy to spend any time with Jack. Whenever they did, they never talked.

Jack would attempt to talk o his parents, but they never tried to carry the conversation, leaving Jack bitter and devastated knowing his parents never wanted a relationship with him.

He hasn't received a text or call all year long from his parents. They only sent him this letter just because he was going to Italy.

"I have a bad feeling about my parents being in Italy," Jack said as he and Evan entered their room.