14 - The Song

Jack called Matt when he got to the Sky Deck.

"Hey, Jack," Matt greeted. 

"Hey," Jack smiled. "Hey, um, I'm gonna send you a video! Watch it."

"Okay," Matt said.

After Matt watched the video, he called back, "You saw Jordin Sparks?"

"Yeah!" Jack said. "She's on deck for a few days. Evan recorded the performance."

"Oh my god, that's so cool," Matt smiled.

"Yeah," Jack smiled as well. 

"Why are you guys not sitting with the audience watching the performance?" Matt asked.

"Oh, uh, we didn't get tickets," Jack said. "My friend refused to pull strings to tickets, so we were stuck watching from up."

"You friend?" Matt asked. "Pulling strings?"

"Remember when I told you about Marcus?" Jack asked.

"Oh, right, right!" Matt remembered. "Why didn't he pull some strings?"

"I don't know, he's embarrassed by us," Jack shrugged.

"Embarrassed? By you? How?"

"If you've seen some of our friends, you'd know," Jack said.

Matt chuckled. 

"Yeah, I don't blame him," Jack said. "With friends like ours, excluding Evan, I'd be embarrassed."

"Anyways, how was the performance?"

"It was great," Jack said. "Jordin is so much better in person."

"Oh, thank you," a voice said from behind him, causing him to jump.

He turned around to see Jordin Sparks.

"Oh, sorry," she said. "I didn't mean to scared you."

Jack began to stutter. 

"O - oh, it's fine," Jack said. "Oh, do you mind saying to my friend, Matt? He's back home in New York."

"Of course," Jordin smiled.

Jack got up from the smoothie bar and turned the phone to point towards Jordin.

"Oh, my - hi!" Matt said.

"Hi, Matt," Jordin said, waving at Matt. "How are you?"

"G - good," Matt smiled. 

The conversation was cut short because Jordin had to go to the back and prepare for the show.

***

It was nearly time for the concert and Jack sat at the smoothie bar to watch. He called Matt so he can watch the performance through the phone.

She performed a song that Cody began to write but Marcus fixed. There were some interruptions, mainly from Zack, Cody, Marcus and Mr. Mosby, but Jordin didn't stop performing until  London and Bailey showed up and pointed at a little girl in a black wig and a purple dress.

"Arrest her!" London said.

"Oh, come, on, I wasn't singing that bad!" Jordin said.

"She locked me in a closer and is trying to steal my astrology!" London said.

"Don't you mean identity?" Jack asked.

"That too!"

"Arrest her!" the little girl said. "I'm London Tipton and she's trey9ing to steal my identity."

"Okay, what is going on here?" Mr. Mosby said.

Jack glanced at his phone at Matt, who was looking confused.

"You know what," Jack said, "I'll call you later and explain everything."

Matt nodded and they hung up the phone.

"I'm London Tipton!" they both said in unison. 

They turned to each other.

"Oh, no, you're not!" they turned back to Mr. Mosby I am!"

"Then prove it," the little girl said, "then when is your birthday?"

"Uhh," London said, uncertainly.

"Really, London?" Bailey said.

"Security!" Mr. Mosby called.

"I will call security and get you all fired," the little girl threatened.

Zack, Cody, Marcus and Evan ran up to the stage in mariachi band costumes.

"Jordan," Zack said.

"All right, would you three get down from there?" Mr. Mosby said. "Does anyone speak Spanish?

"Jordin, that's our song," Zack said.

"You guys wrote this song?" Jordin said, surprised.

"Yes," Zack nodded.

"Yes," Cody said.

"Sí," Marcus said in Spanish.

Jordin looked over Zack and Cody's shoulders.

"Marcus?" she said.

She walked over to Marcus. 

"Marcus Little? What are you doing playing in a mariachi band?"

"I'm not," Marcus sighed. "This is just a disguise. Although, the tips are fantastic."

"Tips? What tips?" Jack asked. 

He had walked up to the stage, but didn't go on.

"You guys have been in that costume for what? Fifteen minutes?"

Marcus glared at Jack.

"Well, listen, I emailed you a while bunch of times and I never heard untying back," Jordin said. 

"Yeah, sorry," Marcus apologized. "I guess after my record label dumped me, I was a little embarrassed."

"Well, you shouldn't be. We're still friends. And I love the song you guys wrote."

"Thanks," they all said.

"And let's talk about putting it on my new album," Jordin said. 

"Yes!" Zack exclaimed.

"And it'll be really special because I'm going to donate all the proceeds to charity," she finished. 

"No!"

Zack ripped the fake mustache off his face and threw it to the ground.