21 - Basketball

Jack woke up earlier than he expected the following day.

He was quite relieved that Mr. Mosbey had let him off the hook with a warning. Despite getting into trouble several times with Mr. Mosbey throughout the semester, he was expecting to get in trouble with the manager. 

Thankfully, he didn't.

"How did you get off the hook with Mosbey last night?" Evan asked Jack as the two were getting ready.

"I have no idea," Jack said, tying his shoelaces and Evan putting on a hoodie. "I guess I don't get into as much trouble as Zack."

"Yeah," Evan agreed. "Maybe. Did you get into trouble back in New York?"

"Not really," Jack shook his head, standing up, "but I did do things that would've gotten me into serious trouble."

Evan chuckled.

"Like what?"

"Matt, Alex and I snuck into a rated r movie when I was fourteen," Jack smiled.

"What?" Evan laughed. "You guys did that?"

"Yeah," Jack smiled. "We were like fourteen and we really likes Justin's - you know, Alex's older brother - friends and they were going to a horror movie and we really wanted to go."

"How did you get in?" Evan wondered.

Jack pulled out his wallet from his back pocket and opened it.

He took a card out and showed it to Evan.

"Fake ID," Jack smiled.

"What?" Evan said, shocked, snatching the fake ID out of Jack's out. "H - how did you get one?"

"I pulled a few strings," Jack shrugged. 

"Can you get me one?" Evan asked.

"I can try," Jack said, "but who knows if I can get one here on the ship."

"Oh," Evan said, disappointedly. 

"But," Jack said, "once I'm back in New York, I can pull a few strings and get one for you and send it to you."

"Please!" Evan begged. "I'd do anything. I really want one."

Jack laughed. 

"But," he stopped laughing, "don't tell Zack. If he finds out, he'd won't stop bugging me for one."

"Trust me, I won't," Evan promised.

"Thank you!" Jack said. "Or Cody and Bailey!" he remembered. "They'd flip out if they found out. You know how they got about rules and that sort of stuff."

"Okay," Evan nodded. "Come on, let's go get breakfast. Marcus and Peter want to meet us at eleven for you and Peter to go against each other."

Jack nodded. "Okay, let's go."

The pair went to get breakfast before they headed to the basketball court where the two play basketball together until Marcus and Peter showed up.

"I see you guys are here already," Peter said.

Peter was a tall and lean guy with jet black hair. 

Jack had a few conversations with Peter throughout the semester, but that was about it. 

"You ready, Peter?" Jack asked with the basketball in his hand.

"Oh, yeah," Peter nodded with a smile on his face.

"Let's do this," Jack smiled.

"Let's go!" Marcus said, enthusiastically.

"Wait, guys, I got Zack to referee so neither one of us could be biased," Evan told the other three.